Saturday, December 19, 2009

Randalls - Cereal and JEANS??????

I went to Randalls yesterday to pick up a few more boxes of Corn Flakes before the coupons expire on the 20th and I was greated with boxes of Kelloggs Special K with PEELIES!!!! Not only that, but each box was specially marked with a Jeans promotion: Get a $10 voucher toward the purchase of a new pair of jeans when you submit 5 Special K Tokens and mail in form found inside the box. I was so excited about this, I went to two stores to purchase enough for each of the 4 households I shop for. I also now have two receipts to send in for the $10 Kelloggs Calendar rebate I have been mentioning(I know there are still traders on HCW with these forms)
Here is my breakdown:
Trans #1:
6 Kelloggs Cornflakes $.99 each - $1 insert 11-08RP= -.06
12 Special K cereal $1.99 each - $1 ecoupon - $1 peelies = $11.88
1 7up $1.69 - in ad coupon for buying $20 worth = FREE
1 Mom trial size formula FREE with Randalls card(limit one per transaction)
1 All Laundry detergent $3.99 - $1 in ad coupon - $2 insert 12-6 RP = .99
1 Fresh pet dog food $1.99 - $1.99 insert 9-13SS= FREE
Tax: .08
Cost oop $11.89
Will mail in for $10 calendar rebate and 2 Jean Vouchers(one for me and one for my sister)

Trans #2:
9 Special K cereal $1.99 each - $1 peelies = $8.91
3 Apple Jacks/Froot Loops/Pops $1.49 - $1 peeies = $1.47
1 All Laundry detergent $3.99 - $1 in ad coupon - $2 insert12-6 RP = .99
1 Freshpet dog food $1.99 - free insert 9-13SS(scanned at $2.49) = -.50
1 Mom trial size formula Free with Randalls card
1 7up $1.69 (this coupon didn't come off) = $1.69
1 Eating right smoothie $1 - $1 catalina = FREE
4 Kleenex $1.50* each - $2/4 pharmacy coupon - b3g1 free(scanned at $2.99?) - 3 .55 tearpad =-.64
*This is what the Kleenex should have rang up, but for some reason, they rang up $1.01 each?
so truly my Kleenex = -2.60
Tax: .21
Total oop: $10.17
I earned a $1 oynso for the Kleenex, will mail in the Kelloggs calendar rebate(remember it is limit 8 per household) and earned enough for two more $10 jean vouchers(one for mom and one for my other sister!)

So for $22.06 oop, I got back $1 oynso, will get $20 rebate and 4 $10 Jean vouchers
$22.06 - $1 - $20 + $2.64(cost of 6 stamps)
= $3.70 for all that is pictured above and $40 off 4 pair of jeans

6 comments:

qrazy_guy said...

That is an awesome trip. I saw the 1.00 peelies at my store also but they were on selected varieties of the frosted mini wheats and none on the Special K. Can these peelies be used for any Kellogg's cereal?

We also had specially marked boxes of Corn Flakes. If you buy 5, you can send in for a Kellogg's alarm clock. I bought 6 boxes with my 11/1 RP coupons to get .06 overage.

I'd like to know where you got your kleenex coupons? All I have are the .50/3 that came out in the Sunday inserts.

qrazy_guy said...

Oh yes, I have one other tip. If you go to the Randall's website you can print a coupon for $2 off of chicken tenders from the deli. I ordered a bag of 2 chicken tenders which rang up for $1.92 and I got .08 overage!

Also, even though you can only print one coupon per computer on the Randall's website, you can print the same coupon again at safeway.com, tomthumb.com, vons.com, etc. and you can use any of those coupons at Randall's! I used the Tom Thumb Q at Randall's tonight and it scanned with no problem!

There are also $2 Q's for Rancher's Reserve beef that I printed from all of the above websites that I intend to use.

katycouponers said...

QG, the peelie coupons state for any Kelloggs cereal 5 oz or larger.
I think you need 6 tokens for the alarm clock(be warned it is SMALL-my kids love it)
My mom found the Kleenex coupons at her HEB(not in Houston. They are manuf. coupons with no store logo on them :)

Thanks for the info on the printables, I do LOVE chicken

qrazy_guy said...

Stephanie, yes you are right you need 6 boxes, not 5, that was a typo on my part.

Now that you mentioned it I looked at the fine print on the box and you are also right about it being small- 4"x2"x1" !!! From looking at it on the cover I thought it would be the size of a kleenex box! Oh well, lol

Speaking of kleenex I will at least try check the pharmacies to find this $2/4 coupon I read about. Is it part of a booklet or just one coupon by itself?

Randall's is awesome lately, I've barely bought anything at Kroger since before Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I had the worst experience ever today at Randalls. I had 3 Kelloggs Cornflakes and 3 Special K Cereals. I also purshased organic bananas and a pineapple.
Coupons: $1.00 off on Cornflakes
$1.00 off of two Kelloggs cereals
$1.00 Special K Blueberry
$1.00 Special K Blueberry
.50 off fresh fruit coupon
and buy 1 Special K receive free Special K cereal. All the coupons rang up fine, until the B1G1 free came up. The cashier was adamant that I could not use it. I asked why, he said -just to many coupons. I asked for a manager. She never came, meanwhile the person behind me was rude and huffing and puffing and finally she blurted "some people are just stupid" and got her things and left. The cashier was rude and finally said, okay I will do it just this one time. I was calm and didn't want any favors. I wanted to speak with the manager, but I didn't want the line to be held any longer, so he allowed my coupon to ring. I felt belittled both by the cashier and by the customer behind me...I just wanted to use my coupons. Did I do something wrong? I felt I was humiliated...first sorry experience since doing couponing!!!! P.S. I hardly ever go to Randalls, this was only my 2nd time their. Are they always this rude?

katycouponers said...

Anon, Randalls does tend to be rude many times to couponers. Your coupons beeped because the fruit coupons are coded to read cereal boxes and since you already used coupons on the cereal, the register tried to reject them. Also, bogo coupons tend to cause issues if you are combining with other coupons.

Post a Comment