Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Got my free cereal at Randalls- and will make $ after rebate

Sorry that all my posts lately are about Randalls, but most other stores are slow and I have not been able to find the deals at the few I have gone by. I will post what those deals are too in case you have better luck than I have had, but first, let me give you the run down of my Randalls run.
Went to get the Kelloggs cornflakes for .99(wyb at least 3) and wanted to see if I could get a few other items to get the daily freebie(Hillshire Smokies) when you spend $20*
Here is what I got:
10 Kelloggs Corn Flakes $1.09*each - $1 insert 11-08 RP = .90
1 Betty Crocker Warm Delights $1.99 - .50 Cellfire - .50 Shortcuts - .50 IP = -.01
2 Betty Crocker cake mix .99 each - 2 $1/2 Cellfire = -.02
1 Betty Crocker cookie mix $1.69 -.40 Shortcuts - .40 IP = .49
1 Betty Crocker frosting $1.69 - .50 Cellfire - $1 wyb frosting and cookie mix Cellfire - .50 IP = -.81
1 All 2x $3.99 - $1 in ad coupon - $2 insert 12-6 RP = $.99
1 Freshpet dog food $1.99 - $2.49 free insert 9-13SS = -.50
1 Morningstar Farm frozen $1.99 - $2 tearpad = -.01
1 Hillshire Farm Smokies $3.50 - free in ad coupon = FREE
1 Safeway Wheat bread $1.39
1 MoM Infant Formula sampler (1 free with card per customer)
-$1 catalina (earned from prior Kleenex purchase)
Tax = -.16
Cost oop: $1.26
*The Kellogg's Corn Flakes rang up $1.09 instead of the advertised .99, so they gave me back $1.99 in cash(price right guarantee gave me one free, and difference on the other 9)

I will also mail in my receipt for the $10 Kellogg's Calendar rebate I have discussed previously(you might be able to find these rebates in trade on HCW still)
*For the minimum purchase of $20 requirement, your total only has to be $20 BEFORE they scan your Randalls card. Print the Safeway official statements regarding this policy here.

Thanks Saishap for the heads up on the Safeway guidelines.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you attempt to use the $5 off of 4 coupon from the Target website for the Corn Flakes? I'm going to go to Randalls tomorrow, but was just curious if they were taking it with the Target logo on it or not.

katycouponers said...

I did not try to use the printable with the Target logo. I wanted to use my insert coupons since they expire 12-20

Southwest Coupon Clipper said...

It rang up $1.09 on mine also. I didn't notice it until I got home!!

Anonymous said...

So you only have to spend $20 BEFORE coupons to get the free item?

katycouponers said...

Anon, according to Safeway policy, you only have to hit $20 BEFORE club card and coupons
See their online policy here
http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/Smart-Savings-Tips

Dee said...

I tried yesterday to use multiple coupons for the nabisco deal and I was told I couldn't use more then one of the same coupon....Also how were you able to get 10 of the cereals, I thought you had to get them in multiples of 3 to get them for the .99 price.

Ashley B. said...

got really good deal at Randalls today - but SO VERY confused how their receipts explain prices!! Not sure if they charged me wrong for the cereal or not but here it goes...BC box potatoes, BC Cookie Mix, BC Frosting, (2) BC Cake Mix, SFWY Brown Sugar (freebie), 3 Corn Flakes, 3 Apple Jacks, Bertolli Frozen dinner, Lactaid milk 1/2 gal, Dole juice, crest toothpaste ALL for ONLY $7.17! Saved $40! I used some of the Summer Breakfast coupons that came in the the Kelloggs boxes back from when I got them at Kroger doubles in Aug. and their was also a $1 milk wyb Kelloggs and for some reason I didn't know I had a lactaid ecoupon that came off, also used a $0.25 that tripled for the Dole juice that was an IP. Crest was 1.99 w/ in-ad coupon, had a $0.75 ecoupon from PGesaver and $0.75 mgr coupon too...I think they charged me wrong for the Corn Flakes & possibly apple jacks - it says 2@1.99/2@1.49 then off to side says $3.97 and then next line item says 4@1.99/1@1.49 off to side says $3.47- but I only bought 3 corn flakes and 3 apple jacks and it looks like they rung up 9 cereals and the math doesn't make sense - b/c Corn Flakes were supposed to be $0.99wyb3 so that would be $2.97 not $3.97 but then for next line for 3 apple jacks would be $1.49wyb3 = $4.47 not $3.47 so I guess it evens out??

Anonymous said...

Do the shortcuts and cellfire coupons double at Randall's? I haven't used them enough to pay attention. What about Kroger?

katycouponers said...

Anon, the loadables do not double, they will come off at face value at both Randalls and Kroger

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Randalls and realized I didn't get the free item even though I used the coupon AND I forgot to use the $3 in ad coupon for the All detergent.

If I go back in a few days will they let me fix it? I'd go back today but we are going out of town until Sunday.

Thanks for the help.

katycouponers said...

Anon, I would suggest keeping the ad if you have it and taking it back with your receipt and they should correct it for you.

Post a Comment