Monday, October 19, 2009

Walgreens for Theraflu and rolling RR


I needed to roll some of my Register Rewards from the Unilever deal last week, so I went to my favorite Walgreens at lunch. My first transaction was not too great because one of the Theraflu's rang up cheaper and it threw me off. I had to quickly throw in some fillers that I had handy so I could use my $8 RR. Overall, I did really well though and didn't even put a dent in the inventory(I saw LOTS of Theraflu on the risers still shrink wrapped)
I did 3 transactions.

Trans #1:
1 Theraflu $3.29 (this is the one that threw me off)
2 Theraflu $4.99 - $6 Wags Healthy Savings booklet - $3/2 insert - $1.50 insert = $2.77
2 Pert Plus for men $2.50 each - $1.50 insert = $1 each
2 Sure deodorant for men $2.99 each - 1.49 Wag in ad coupon - $1.50 insert = FREE
1 bag of straws .99
1 bag of plastic forks .99
2 Cards with envelopes clearanced at .90 each
2 mini Highlighters clearanced at .14 each

Paid with $8 Unilever RR and .83 oop
Got back $8 for Theraflu and $2 for Pert

Trans #2:
1 Theraflu $3.29 (went to get the other one since I knew it worked :)
2 Theraflu $4.99 - $6 Wags Healthy Savings booklet - $3/2 insert - $2 IP = $2.27
2 Pert Plus for men $2.50 each - $1.50 insert = $1 each
2 Sure deodorant for men $2.99 each - 1.49 Wag in ad coupon - $1.50 insert = FREE
1 Emergen C $3.49
1 Pink Panther note book clearanced at .50

Paid with $8 Unilever RR and .26 oop
Got back $8 for Theraflu, $3.50 for Emergen and $2 for Pert

Trans #3:
3 Theraflu $4.99 - $6 Wags Healthy Savings booklet - $3/2 insert - $1.50 insert = $4.47
2 Pert Plus for men $2.50 each - $1.50 insert = $1 each
2 Sure deodorant for men $2.99 each - 1.49 Wag in ad coupon - $1.50 insert = FREE
1 Walgreens Orange Juice $1.99
Paid with $8 Unilever RR and ..46 oop
Got back $8 for Theraflu and $2 for Pert

So overall:
Paid: $8.83 + $8.26 + $8.46
Got back: $10 + 13.50 + 10


so $7.95 profit and I can even send in for Sure Try me free rebate on the deodorant if I want another $2.99.

12 comments:

qrazy_guy said...

Great deals! Can you tell me, which types of theraflu did you buy? I went to 2 stores today (bellaire & s. rice, weslayan & bissonnet) and at both stores the healthy savings book coupon beeped! I got one cashier to push it through but didn't have such luck with the second.

I don't know if its the particular types of theraflu I bought or the particular store, or if I didn't have enough fillers or if they scanned the coupons in the wrong order or what? I had them scan the $3/2 second to last and I assume it attached itself to only one item, and then I did the healthy savings Q last and it's the one that beeped.

I bought the severe cold & cough daytime liquid, severe cold & cough nighttime liquid, and the sinus & cold liquid. Also 3 of the sugar free severe cold & cough nighttime packets.

katycouponers said...

qrazy, if it beeped and said "item not on file" then that store does not have the coupon programmed in(that happened to me last time these were on sale) If it said, "exceeds value" then you didn't have enough fillers. I have used this coupon on just about every time of Theraflu and if programmed right, it works everytime. Good luck

Ashley B. said...

qrazy guy...I shop in those same stores! I've been and used those coupons before and never beeped - have bought liquid and powders. Maybe you aren't using the coupons in the right order. Good luck! But pretty please leave stuff for others, every time I go the shelves are cleared out! I'm guessing we aren't the only ones! Maybe we'll run into each other one day!

qrazy_guy said...

Thank you for the comments! Stephanie, it's good to know about those error codes and what they mean. I will pay attention to the codes next time. I think it may be because I didn't have enough fillers.

Ashley, thank you, that gives me the confidence to try those stores again. I do always try to leave merchandise for others, unless it's just down to the last 1 or 2 I need to make the deal, then unfortunately I have to take them.

If you see a crazy guy with an envelope full of coupons, crouched down analyzing the shelf price tags closely that is probably me! lol

qrazy_guy said...

Well I have succesfully done this deal at several other stores with no problems. Today was the first day I decided to go back and retry the theraflu deal at the Bellaire store. Even when I added several extra fillers the healthy savings Q beeped and this time I asked for the code and it said "item not on file"! So I guess the Q isn't programmed to work for that store!

So I guess I'll quit tying to work that deal at that store, but I will continue to shop there for the other deals. I haven't tried the Triaminic deal at all yet, I wonder if it will work there? I'll try tonight.

Anonymous said...

ZM- I have a question, can you roll the pert plus rr into another pert plus deal?? i am only going tonight to do the shampoo and deodorant deal and was unsure if i can roll into each transaction.

Thank you!!!

mguzman

katycouponers said...

Melissa, I have not tried to roll the same RR into one another. They usually do not roll into the same, so for ease and speed, I stopped trying.

Anonymous said...

okay... what if i am doing two deals, the sure and the shampoo, can i roll it then??? How about i just run to the store and try and I'll report back! :)

katycouponers said...

The sure is just free, it is not a register reward deal

Anonymous said...

Okay i think i didnt explain myself correctly. I understand that i cant pay for the pert with the RR if i am only buying the pert, but what if i have a filler like the sure, can i use it then and another print out? I also asked on HCW, but havent gotten an answer yet.

katycouponers said...

Sure cannot be a filler if you are using a coupon on it too. You need a non-coupon item as a filler to use your RR. Also, if you are using your $2 Pert RR to pay, you probably will not get another $2 RR in that transaction since 98% of the time, Walgreens does not allow them to roll.

qrazy_guy said...

Melissa, why not roll the pert plus into the dentek. Just purchase some dentek floss with the 2$ RR and you shouldn't need a filler. Then get 2$ RR from the dentek and use that to purchase more pert plus? Then just keep rolling back and forth between them.

Post a Comment