Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Walgreens fun with rolling RR

I have to admit I am a bit behind in reading ALL the deals going on this week. So, I will have to THANK my friend Maya for a sadly obvious deal I seemed to overlook this week. I was wondering what to do with those $8 RR from Theraflu, and most my stores are out of Gillette razors. I was happy to be told the Zantac is $8.99 this week and gives back a $9 RR. I threw in a clearance highlighter for .14 on each transaction and $1 off Zantac coupons from this weekends inserts, so paid only .13 after $8 Theraflu RR and got back the $9 RR each time.

When I got home, I dropped off the kiddos and ran back out to run a couple more deals sans kids and did these 2 transactions:

Trans #1:
3 Triaminic $4.99 each - $6 ($2 Healthy Savings booklet) - $3/2 insert - $1.50 insert = $4.47
1 Gillette razor $8.99 - $4 P&G insert = $4.99
1 Halls Refresh drops $1 - .50 tearpad(this coupon beeps-too many numbers in the barcode)= .50
2 Trident Layers* gums $2/2 - bogo(.71 taken off since first rings $1.29 and second rings .71) = $1.29
1 Halloween window cling .15
-$9 Zantac RR - $2 Pert RR
Paid .40 oop and got back
$8 for Triaminic, $1 for Trident, $6 for Gillette and $1 for Halls

Trans #2:
2 Pert Plus $2.50 each - $1.50 insert = $2
1 Halls Refresh drops $1
1 Tuf towels .79 - .29 in ad coupon = .59
1 Zantac $8.99 - $1 insert = $7.99
-$8 RR from Theraflu - $3.50 from Emergen- C
Paid .08 oop and got back
$2 for Pert, $1 for Halls and $9 for Zantac

So overall this is how I did:
$8.13 + $8.13 + $8.13 - $9- $9- $9 + $11.40 - $16 + $11.58 - $ 12 =
Profit of $7.63

*Thanks goes to Nann1(I hope I got your name right) for telling me about the Trident- and it was nice meeting you tonight!)

7 comments:

Shuchi said...

Which is this Walgreens you go to? I can never score a deal at Walgreens these day thanks to the "friendly" cashiers and their policies.

katycouponers said...

I go to numerous Walgreens. I pass 3 just on my drive home from work.

Maria S. said...

$5.00 off coupon for any 1 Zantac product when you quickly sign up on their website. You will be able to print the coupon twice, but not by hitting the back button. I found out about this coupon from the blog www.dealseekingmom.com where you can find more information about how to get the coupon.

Robin said...

Where is the Healthy Savings booklet? I'd love to hop on that Theraflu deal but don't know where the Wags coupon is. Thanks!

katycouponers said...

Robin, I found the Healthy Savings booklet at the pharmacy of my store. They were siding on a table with some other brochures.

Robin said...

There weren't any at my lunchtim Walgreens, guess I'll visit another one on the way home. Thanks!

katycouponers said...

Robin, some stores allow you to just give them the upc code for walgreens coupons.(since they don't collect the coupons from you anyway)
I am not sure if your store is that friendly, but if so the code on Theraflu is 5596 and the code on Triaminic is 5556.

Post a Comment