Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Extreme Couponers - TLC series

Well, as someone who maintains a savings blog and posts unreal deals most the time, I feel the need to at least mention the show that some of you probably watched this evening.

If you came here to learn how to whip a shelf clean of mustard or Maalox; if you came to lock up a register because you were trying to buy 4 shopping carts full of groceries at one time; or if you came to see a basement full of groceries just go ahead and hit the back key now and return to your google search, this blog is NOT for you. ( I can't say I care for the show personally)
If, however, you have come to see how to save money on some items you normally would buy then maybe stick around a while until you get annoyed by my overuse of parenthesis and horrible grammar :)
I try to show you my actual trips and sometimes I admit I buy stuff I don't use just to get the stuff I do.  (stick around a little and this will all make sense)
And, for those of you in or around the Houston area that are just starting out, I have very sad news.  One of our largest grocery stores is striking a blow to coupon shoppers across the great Houston Metro area by doing away with double and triple coupons on April 12th.  Come the morning of April 13th, the face of couponing in Houston will change.  We are fighting against this as those doubles and triples really do help many people put food on the table and make budgets balance in this tough economy.  If you are interested in finding out more about our cause, please visit us at Kroger Couponers on facebook.

Now feel free to stick around and see how to get free health and beauty items with coupons as well as decent deals on groceries.  Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

Rene said...

I wanted to say thanks for your continuing updates on sales and good deals. I watched Extreme Couponing and found it disturbing and, to some degree, wasteful. There is no way someone could use hundreds of sticks of deodorants before they go bad. And how are you going to eat 1,100 boxes of cereal before they expire?

jamie said...

Just wondering how you feel about all the controvery surrounding the extreme couponer on the latest show? It seems everyone's making a big deal out of the mustard she got (why someone would need that many is beyond me)and saying she's using fraudulent coupons......don't understand?

katycouponers said...

Jamie, I did not like that show from the start. I knew this show would be FAR from what we actually do as couponers. It will show the extremes and I hate that they promote it as a teaching show, it is FAR from that. I think the evidence is pretty convincing that there was fraud in mind. I have NEVER heard of a couponer actually making a list just listing family codes and it really sickens me to see that image. To properly match up your coupons you need the description on that list and I saw none of that. Very sad day for couponers :(

Post a Comment