Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Walgreens - Free + overage on Olay Bodywash -YMMV

If you are new here, please see the tab above called Coupon Lingo so to help you understand what I am saying, lol

Crazy story on how I came to finding myself in Walgreen's today.  I went to Jared to get a new watch battery and they were completely out of the size I needed.  They told me if I went to Walgreen's and bought one, they would put it in my watch for free though, woo hoo!  (I scored a deal without even trying on that, I was willing to pay full price since it has been dead for over a month, lol)

Anyway, while there I did what I always do first, check the CLEARANCE rack.  On it I found 4 bottles of Olay bodywash, SCORE!  This week they are on sale for buy 1 get 1 50% off.  Well these were tagged @ $2.49 each so with the most recent P&G $2 coupon.  I knew after sale I would at least get them free but I actually turned a small profit on them, yay!:
4 Olay @ 2.49 = $9.96
-2.50 for bogo 50% sale
-$8 in coupons
-.54

I got my watch battery too (obviously not pictured as it is in my now working watch :) with the $1 coupon found in 3-27 SS (it was $4.99 before coupon)
Grabbed the Colgate toothpaste that is on sale for $2.99.  This earns a $3 oynso Register reward and I used the .75 off coupon found in the 4-3 SS

The Color Wonder on the Go packs are also on sale for $1.50 this week, so with $1 coupon from 4-3 SS they are just .50 each.  I hope to save some of these for birthday party goodie bags for the girls :)

AND finally, since I am always nice and friendly to my BA(Beauty Aide- cashier at beauty counter at Walgreens) she gave me a FREE coupon for the John Frieda hair color!  These are triggering a $2 RR and are priced at $11.99 WOW!

So after the 2 $5 RR and .19 oop and getting back $5 in RR, I spent $5.19 for everything above AND got a new battery installed in my watch, WHOOP!

*YMMV on clearance finds as each store is a bit different on clearance

3 comments:

Tracy S said...

What an awesome score. I did not do quite as well at Walgreen today but I did get what I needed for only $.41 oop. I need to remember to check clearance in there. I also need to go get some of those Color Wonder things.

ryan said...

no color wonders in Pearland. I checked all the stores and none carry the small ones. boo!

katycouponers said...

Ryan, they are on a special display, not regular inventory(sorry I did not take a picture) It is a cardboard sidekick display like they put next to the endcaps(end of aisles)

Post a Comment