Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sometimes it pays to hold onto receipts

One thing I don't think I have ever mentioned in talking to people about couponing and rebating is the importance of holding onto your receipts for awhile. I know not all extreme couponers do, but I do it knowing I might be able to score some free money down the road.
Sometimes you will find out about a rebate a few weeks after the start date of said rebate. Well, that is when I go to my stack of receipts and start looking to see if I purchased any qualifying items for that rebate. If so, most likely I still have them onhand for upcs and what not and that just means I don't have as much I need to purchase for a rebate.
Pictured above is how I keep my receipts. I keep the envelopes I receive from junkmail and bills(I do online bill pay) and just put the month and yr on the outside of the envelope(I usually keep the prior years receipts until Dec, then toss them)
Next to the envelopes is a receipt I pulled out from CVS dated July 3rd. On that receipt, I have $17.78 worth of Pantene product purchases. This gets me over half way to the new Olay $10 rebate when you buy $30 in participating products. Now I just need to go to my cupboards and pull the UPCS numbers for the form and get another $12.22 worth of stuff. If you notice too, that $17.78 worth of stuff only cost me .05 oop.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I do the same thing! I found my target one and am only $10 away from qualifying for the rebate! Sooooo excited!

Denise said...

I was just wondering if you know wether or not the UPCs from the product are the items on the reciept? or does it matter? I hope that made sense...

katycouponers said...

CVS does not have UPC numbers on their receipts and Target using their own internal numbers, not upcs, on their receipts.
Kroger and Randalls also do not have the upc on their receipt nor does Walgreens

Post a Comment