Friday, July 9, 2010

Safeway (Randalls), got a great deal on cheese

Not sure if you will luck out too, but at my store, they had these pkgs of Lucerne cheddar cheese with 50% stickers. I purchased these before on closeout and my husband told me I could get those anytime, lol (I have to admit, I made pork ribs the other night and my husband made us pulled pork sandwiches for lunch 2 days with the leftovers and this cheese and it was YUMMY!)
Anyway, I wanted to get the Clorox 2 deal for my mom(I admit I used the overage for MY groceries, lol)
I did this in 2 transactions because I had a $2 oynso that expired that day and my first transaction was only .52 after all other coupons so I couldn't use it.
Trans #1
1 Diet DP 12 pack $4.69 (YIKES!)
1 Clorox 2 $7.69 - $7.69 ecoupon - $1.50 ecoupon - $2 ecoupon - $2 IP = -$5.50
2 Lucerne cream cheese(found this size at the counter where you order cake) .50 each - $1/2 Randalls dairy book coupon = FREE
3 Lucerne cheddar cheese $2.99 each - $1.50 each for 50% off stickers - $3 from in ad coupon - $1 dairy book coupon = .47 !
Tax: .86
Cost oop: .52

Trans #2:
1 O Organic yogurt .79 - $1 O Organic tearpad(adjusts down) = FREE
1 Natures Own bread $2.39
2 Lucerne cream cheese .50 each - $1/2 Randalls dairy book coupon = FREE
3 Lucerne cheddar cheese $2.99 each - $1.50 each for 50% off stickers - $2 from in ad coupon - $1 dairy book coupon = .47!
-$2 oynso
Tax: -.21
Cost oop: .65

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious if you find all these deals yourself or if you read them on blogs/forums & if you find them other places why don't you give credit to them?

katycouponers said...

Anon, when others tell me about deals, I give credit(such as the recent OM deal at Kroger). These last couple deals I DID find myself and thus to thank myself would be silly.

This particular deal, I went to Randalls BECAUSE I had a cat expiring and I saw the clearance cheese, remembered there was an in- ad coupon and tried to make a deal of it. The Clorox, I remembered loading 3 coupons then stumbled upon the cat in the Kroger parking lot and thought, hmm, I wonder what coupons will come off if I buy this(I actually wanted the bleach, but that added the coupon back on, so I went with the MM deal since I could get free milk that way)
Thank you for reading :)

Rose said...

Just curious, would you mind revealing which Kroger and Randall stores you shop at most frequent. I live close to the downtown area, and I go to 2 Randalls around here, and I never, never find the clearance deals or wine tag, or peelies you seem to find. Just would like to try my luck somewhere else. Thanks. Rose

Sheryl @ Cents'Able Shoppin! said...

Gosh, Stephanie, I have to really give you props for posting these gr8 deals. No matter where you got your deals, they help out a lot of people - you always give credit when credit is due, and despite what others think, I know firsthand that it takes a great deal of time to put deals together, go and perform them, and then post for everyone when you return home. With kids especially ....so I'd like you to know that I personally thank you for what you do.

katycouponers said...

Rose, I shop the Sugar land stores during M-F business hours(I work out there) and I shop the Cinco Ranch area stores in Katy in the evenings and on weekends. Ocassionally will hit others areas of town if I have business that leads me there.

One way I am able to find deals is that I use just about EVERY lunch break to WALK the stores and I regularly check clearance. I don't just walk the store with blinders on. Sometimes I have a small list when I go in, but I hit EVERY aisle while there looking for a hidden deal. Also, I have been doing this long enough to know what coupons we "should" have and I might make notes and go back to a store after work when I have looked up the coupon and clipped it(YES I carry ALL my coupons in the car with me, much to my husbands dismay!)

Anonymous said...

I want to say thanks too!! its takes time to do these deals. For the most part I like reading your deals since I know by the time you post you have tried it yourself so I know its a sure thing for me.

imm93

Alex H said...

What size is the Clorox 2? Is it any particulat scent?
I want to Thank you for all the great deals that you put together!

Linda S. said...

Hi Stephanie, I'm interested in the Clorox 2 deal and have tried to load the Safeway ecoupons but the sign-up pops up when I try to add a coupon. I'm already signed up and have logged in. Also, can you load three ecoupons from the Safeway site? Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Sorry-I think I posted comment under wrong thread. I am looking at teh clorox deal but could only find teh $1.50 e-coupon and loaded it. I can't seem to find the other 2 e-coupons. HELP!!!

katycouponers said...

Linda, Sometimes I have issues with logging in using IE. I typically use firefox to load my Randalls(safeway) coupons and I don't keep getting that pop up box.

Anon, the coupons might not be on there anylonger to load. I have been hearing others saying they are not there anymore. :(

Post a Comment