Thursday, July 15, 2010

Randalls - had to run and grab bread!

By the time I got to Safeway (Randalls) tonight, I was exhausted. I just wanted to be home putting away all this mess so I could go to bed(will post my Kroger runs tomorrow!) Too bad it takes forever to get this stuff pictured and blogged about (all the while my kitten attacking my feet and making a racket jumping around!)

Anyway, I didn't really keep tally so went up to the register blindly hoping the Red Baron Slices would be enough to cover the overage. It wasn't, so I had to run for bread(I can always freeze it!) to make sure I had the opportunity to use most my coupons.
Here is my breakdown
(I apologize but it is FAR too late to look up where the ecoupons came from, but I load from shortcuts, cellfire and randalls.com - I will try to fix this part of the post and other links when I am actually awake later today)
These items are part of the buy 4 get $4 off (price listed is after $4 came off)
In addition, when you do this deal, you can get a free box of granola bars(it is posted in the ad)
1 Cocoa Puffs $1.99 - 2 .55 cellfire = .89
1 Golden Grahams $1.99 - 2 .75 cellfire - $1 ecoupon = -.51
1 Honey Nut Cheerios $1.99 - 2 .55 ecoupons - .75 IP = .14
1 Nature Valley Nut Clusters $1.99 - 1 $1 ecoupons -2 $1 cellfire - $1 IP = -$2.01
1 Nature Valley granola bars $0(f0r buying 4 products) - .40 ecoupon - 2 .50 cellfire 1 .50 ecoupon - .50 IP = -$2.90
1 Wacky mac* $1.59 - .50 insert = .59 (have a upromise coupon too and this was marked $1 but I didn't notice it rang wrong until I got home
1 Enfagrow rtu formula $5 - $5 ecoupon - $5 IP(beeped) = -$5
2 Lucerne sour cream $$1.35 each - .68 each for 50% off sticker - $1 dairy book coupon = .35
1 Yoplait Delights $2.50 - 2 $1 cellfire - $1 IP = FREE
1 Red Baron by the Slice $3 (didn't have my coupon with me but you can print a $2 here)
3 loafs Sara lee bread $5
1 bag hamburger buns $1.67
Paid .71 oop and will mail for $3 rebate on Red Baron

18 comments:

FD said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment -- just to let you know how much I love your blog! I'm a new couponer (also here in Katy) and I love seeing the amazing deals you manage to wrangle up. You've already inspired me to go out and get at least three really amazing deals! :D

Question, though... how do you get multiple ecoupons to ring up + still use IP coupons on a single item? That's just CRAZY! Is it automatic? Or am I missing a trick?

Kimberly said...

ZM, this deal goes through Tuesday, right?

katycouponers said...

yes Kim, this deal just started.

katycouponers said...

the ecoupons are automatic, we have no control over them coming off or not, we only have control over loading them. I have not had a problem applying a paper coupon with my orders, so the only real trick is to load the coupons and to scan your shopper card :)

Shawn M. said...

I'm confused by the NV Granola bars being $0. Were they $0 because the promo took off $4 @ the end of the transaction?

shawn1davis@yahoo.com

Camille said...

I just got back from Randalls.. ran there on my lunchbreak.. Had to pick up dog food and milk in addition to the deals I wanted, and still came out with 90% savings!!

Rachel said...

Can I ask you what store you went to to get the Enfagrow? I tried one out in Cinco Ranch today and the coupon beeped and they wouldn't let me do it. I've been able to use those coupons just fine at BabiesRUs, but if I could get them FREE at Randalls that would be awesome!!! Perhaps part of the problem is that I went to self check-out and maybe a regular cashier would have just pushed it through?

katycouponers said...

I made my purchase at the Mason/H Knolls Randalls.

The Jacksons said...

Hey there! Can you scan more than 1 randall's card in a single transaction? Whenever my card is scanned only 1 ecoupon comes off. How are yours doubled?

Angie said...

I know there's the cellfire and shortcuts site for ecoupons, but where are you finding the other ecoupons (i.e. clorox 2 from last week's post and Enfagrow from this post).

Did my Randalls run yesterday and scored BIG!! Thanks for the guidance!

FD said...

I did a Randall's run today and got the three boxes of cereal, nut clusters, and the granola bars and only paid .36 CENTS!! That was my first "jaw-dropped-on-the-floor" purchase!! I didn't even know how to pay for it because, like, who puts 36 cents on their credit card? LOL Thanks so much! Keep posting -- I'm loving this! :D

katycouponers said...

Angie, I loaded the formula from randalls.com There is a coupon link to the right for loadables.

Divine, YAY!!!! congrats. It feels good and sadly I am one of those that puts a transaction like that on CC. I get cashback for every purchase and make payment in full so WHY NOT?????

Anonymous said...

Hello I have a question is anybody having problems doing self check out at randalls? I went well prepare to pick up my cereal and granola bars deal, and when I got to the register the cashier was cheking out my order taking each coupon before I put them in the coupon container... I asked him if there was a problem but he said no... I felt he waas stalking me .... then when I was -.67 in my transaction he came and very loudly said that I wasn't supposed to do what I was doing.... I got so upset b/c I was doing the right thing... shortcuts, cellfire and mrf coupons one per item.. the usual stuff... he made me fell like if I was stealing...I spoke to a manager b/c on top of that he printed a copy of my transaction and was checking to make sure I was not using more coupons than what I was supposed to use... it was an embarrazing moment, he was very loud and the self check out lines were full...sorry guys but I had to let it out... I'm just feel that he should had been more careful in how to handle the situation and I think I could have been more understanding...

Anne said...

Where are these ecoupons? I can't find them....1 Golden Grahams:$1 ecoupon, 1 Honey Nut Cheerios - 2.55 ecoupons

katycouponers said...

Anne, I believe they came from the Safeway site, but I can't seem to find them on there now????

Anonymous said...

well i hadn't used any ecoupons in many weeks,so they were all built up....and I added the new cellfire qs this afternoon, to boot. i had so much overage, i had to ring up an extra 2 18pks of eggs at 1.89 each, plus 2 bananas,and my total was .03!
and i ALREADY had 2 packages of eggs and 4 bananas. something was wrong in a good way! the coco puffs rang up.99, the regular cheerios rang up .79, the honey nut cheerios rang up 1.99, but BOTH the salty nv granola bars AND the nv cashew clusters rang up zero! wow...

plus, i found some trix yogurts on clearance 50% off, and got those for free with the 2 .75 ecoupons and a .35 mfrs q.

and, i got the yoplait delights for 2.50 less 3 ecoupons @ $1 ea plus a .50 mfrs q doubled....

i gave them my card first, and rang up the 2 nature valley items last, in case that makes a difference.

i had $5 taken off in mfrs qs:
.35 yo trix
$1/2 gm cereals
.50 yo delights
.50 salty nv bars
$1 nv clusters

hth

jennifer

Anonymous said...

anne,
i had one .55 shortcuts coupon for the honey nut cheerios taken off, but i had two .55 shortcuts coupons taken off for the regular cheerios.

i didn't use mine, but my cellfire q list shows two coupons for golden grahams for .75 each available. but if you've already used yours,it won't show up.

Anonymous said...

i went to another randalls with my son's card last night, and the nv clusters show as 1.99 on my receipt. but , again, the cocoa puffs show as .99 on my receipt, and the regular cheerios show as .79. i thought everything was supposed to be around 1.99 after the $4 off, so i was pleasantly surprised when these rang up less!

Post a Comment