Monday, January 11, 2010

Walgreens deal- Johnson Rebate

There is a Johnson & Johnson rebate online here or in the inserts from this Sunday.

The rebate requires you to purchase $30 WORTH of products from 2 or more of the following brands between Jan 10 and Feb 5: Ambi, Aveeno, Clean and Clear, Purpose, Lubriderm and RoC. Purchase excludes tax, trial sizes and cleansing bars.



Right now Walgreens has several of these brands on sale buy 1 get 1 50% off.(Aveeno, Lubriderm and Clean and Clear)

Please note, my view of this rebate is different than what you will see on other blogs, you will have to decide your comfort level and how you want to do this rebate. I will explain* what I mean in more detail after my breakdown of what I did:

4 Lubriderm 6 oz $3.99 each = $15.96
2 Aveeno skin cleansers $7.29 each = $14.58
1 Deerfield raisins $1
1 Heinz Vinegar $2.19

Total: 33.73 ($30.54 for rebate)

-$8 - 4 $2 IP or $2 insert 1-10 SS for Lubriderm
-$4 - $1 Diabetes booklet coupon for Lubriderm(just need one to take off $4)
-$4 for 50% Lubriderm sale
-$4 - 2 $2 IP or $2 insert 1-10 SS for Aveeno
-$3.65 for 50% Aveeno sale
-$10 in RR
Total cost oop: .08 and will qualify for $1o MIR here or in 1-10 SS insert for J&J

*I have been helping my mother with rebates since I was about 7 years old. I have been doing my own rebates for over 10 years now and in my experience, when a rebate says you have to purchase X to get Y(sorry, math major brain coming out) then as long as you purchase X, you will get Y.
To speak in layman terms on this rebate. Rebate states to purchase $30 WORTH of J&J brand products and you must buy at least 2 types.
My take on this: Since the 50% sale at Walgreens rings up on the receipt like a coupon, I feel I only NEED to purchase $30 worth of products as ring up price. My scenario, I purchased $30.54 worth of products for this rebate and the cost of THOSE items was $6.89. I want to warn newer coupons, this might not work seamlessly and I might have to make a call or two to get my rebate, but I like to read the FINE print of rebates and I think I have met the requirements of this rebate.








1 comments:

Robin said...

I agree with you, I did the same thing. My original total was over $30 including the 50% off sale, but for some reason on Sunday my items rang up as B1G1, bringing my total before coupons under $30. The total of the original prices though is well over $30. The offer excludes tax, etc. but doesn't say after coupons, sale prices, etc. I plan to mail it in anyways and see what happens.

Post a Comment