Friday, July 17, 2009

Randalls run for milk

I finally made it to Randalls again to use the free milk catalinas I earned from my previous trip posted here. Well, the catalinas were for a free gallon of milk up to $4.50 and I read reports that these were scanning for the full $4.50. I was short on time and was trying to find some items we would use to each up the $5 overage I would get from both these. This is where I HATE Randalls ads. I read it wrong and thought the Haagen Dazs were $2.49 and when you buy 4, you get $1 off each. I thought, GREAT! Because of a GREAT trade I made on HCW(thanks SKI!) I had $1 coupons so I thought, .49 AFTER the promo and coupons isn't bad, right?
Well, the ad WAS listing the price AFTER the promo and in teeny, tiny print, it says wyb 4. My question, who ACTUALLY pays $3.49 for a pint of ice cream?????? The answer: Apparantly, the people that misread the store grocery ads, like myself.
Well, lesson learned there. Also, I was behind on my emails and remembered someone sending me what I thought was a rebate for Seattle's Best Coffee. I didn't get a chance to open and print the form, so I thought I would use that to fill in the rest of my $5 overage only to find out it is a satisfaction guarantee, not a rebate, grrrr!
Enough griping, here is my breakdown:
2 gallons milk $1.99 each - 2 free catalinas that rang up $4.50 each
4 bananas .85
4 Haagen Dazs $3.49 each - $1 each for promo - $1 tearpad coupons
1 Seattles best coffee $7.99
Tax -.74
Cost oop: $9.04
*I was hoping the Seattles coffee was a rebate so all this would have only cost $1.05 + stamp.
My kids and husband BETTER LOVE this ice cream, lol.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I hate when it doesn't turn out how you expected :(

Unknown said...

Something like this seems to ALWAYS happen there to me or I end up having to talk to the manager. Dang Randall's !!

Anonymous said...

I really don't understand the grrr! and the "pitty" comments since you went in with the intention of buying "filler" items for the 2 milk catalinas that you were hoping would ring up at the full value of $4.50 each instead of the $1.99 value that each should have rung up at. You saved $5.02 without a blink, so what's with all the drama. And as far as the ad goes, the buy so many of selected items has the prices advertised the same as the Kroger ad does this week. The price in large font is the price one gets when they purchase the required items, Randalls final price is in large font just as the Kroger ad is. I just don't see the "pain" when you went with the intention of using $5.02 for free.

katycouponers said...

Anon, I am more upset with myself for the poor choice of fillers I used because I read the ad wrong. I am not a coffee drinker, nor do I eat much ice cream. I was just griping at myself for poor planning and wish I would have just gotten more produce.

Post a Comment