Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gerlands Grand Market

In Sugar Land, there is a store called Grand Market. It used to be a Gerland's and still has the name Gerland's on the building. It is typically an overpriced grocery store so I only good when I am near the area and only really to scout out for blinkies I cannot find elsewhere. Well, yesterday I stopped in and they are tripling .50 and under coupons for a limited time(didn't have a date listed) The catch: They will only triple one like coupon and you cannot use internet printables. Also, you do not get overage(coupons adjust down to the cost of the item)
Well, I got the 7 items above for .36 after coupons.
Here is the breakdown:
Worchestershire sauce .99 - .50 insert 5-10SS = free
Casa Fiesta refried beans .89 -.25 taped to can = .14
Lipton tea bags $1.09 - .50 insert 5-17 RP = free
Dawn liquid $1.49 - .50 homemailer = free
Cling free sheets $1.79 - .50 insert 6-7SS = .29
Tony's pizza $1.25* - .50 insert 6-7SS = free
Kraft 2% cheese $1.50* - .50 tearpad = free
Tax -.07
Total paid .36

*The cheese and pizza rang up a different price than the shelf tag so manager came over and manually entered those. He then had to manually enter the coupons for them as well, hence the negative tax.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

There's a Gerland's Food Market near Deer Park that does the same thing. I was in there a few weeks ago just to see what I could get for cheap, but they were WAY overpriced for their dry goods. I may give it a second look based on your trip, though. :)

Post a Comment