Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kroger mega sale Day 7


I have had a sick kiddo so have not been paying much attention to the mega deal until Monday night. Monday as I was getting my coupons together, I noticed the $1 Kraft dressing insert coupons were set to expire Tuesday and I could not let them go unused. I don't really need much dressing, but I had some great meat tearpads to use up that needed a cheap Kraft qualifier. This is where the dressing comes into play. For each two Kraft dressings I purchased, I could save $2 off any meat/poultry! Since the Kraft dressing is only .19 each after coupon and mega deal, I could not pass up the opportunity to go use them. I scrambled to get all my trade envelopes, printables and insert coupons together and here is my breakdown:
Part of mega deal(for each 10 items, save $5 instantly-basically .50 off each item, I am listing prices BEFORE this .50 is taken off)
30 Kraft dressing $1.69 each - $1 insert 6-21SS
3 Temptations cat treats $1.49 each - .50 insert doubled 6-7RP(coupons beep?)
3 Hartz dog treats $2.49 each - $2 printables
2 Philly Cream Cheese $1.49 each - $1/2 winetag
3 Softsoap $1.49 each - $1 printables zip 45435(the bottles I found do not say elements on them)
3 Speedstick $1.49 each - $1.50 printables zip 33907(coupon beeps)
2 Rolaids $1.69 each - $ 1 insert 6-7 RP
2 Sobe $.99 each - bogo printable(no longer available-this was entered for 1.59)
2 Propel $.99 each - .55 hangtag(there are 2 out, one for 23.7oz and one for 710ml, I used the 710ml since they didn't have the 23.7 oz bottles but coupon beeped anyway)
-$25 for 5 Mega deals!
Not part of mega sale:
1 Digiorno Flatbread melt $3.19 - free coupon(mail in rebate, buy one and get free coupon)
7 Hillshire Farm lunch meat $2.39 each - $2 tearpad off meat/poultry wyb 2 Kraft products
2 Kroger bacon $2.50 each - $2 tearpads
2 Bacon cheeseburger patties $1.99 each - $2 tearpads
4 Seasoned chicken leg quarters $2.89, $2.84, $ 2.68, $2.60 - $2 tearpads
-$5 coupon from Quaker rebate(I blogged about this here)
-$1 catalina from prior Temptations purchase
Tax: -$3.11
Total oop: $ 2.32

8 comments:

elle-tn.blogspot.com said...

Hey ZM, I live in a little hick town in TN but I check your blog everyday because .... you still help me find bargains. Thanks!

Southwest Coupon Clipper said...

AWESOME DEALS!!!! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the tear pads at from Kroger?

Kimberly said...

WOOO HOOOO! Thanks for sharing! Glad you had such great luck partnered with some great skill!!

Anonymous said...

how are you able to use more than 3 coupons on like items? Ihave tried at 3 different Kroger stores and they say limit of 3 coupons per like item is the limit.

katycouponers said...

Not all Kroger stores have the 3 like limit.
I find tearpads all over different stores and take a few each time I go in.

Your favorite male couponer said...

How much salad dressing is your pantry up to?

Anonymous said...

ZM, you always make me smile! ... My family has become accustomed to me saying, "Why, it'd just be rude not to go bring some of those items home between the sale and Qs ... and it's not nice to be rude!?
... another place I've found tearpads/Qs is at convenience stores. I've found them on chip displays and tearpads/pamphlets with Qs on beer displays! Some stores/areas seem to have them more often than others.
...jaws1

Post a Comment