Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Walgreens run to use Register Rewards

I had a $10 Register Reward expiring today so I looked in the ad to make good use of it. I didn't really need anything, so I looked for register reward promos to lose as little value as possible since I have not had time to shop. Here is what I did:
1 Conair professional brush $2.99 (earns $2 RR)
1 Softsoap bodywash $3.99 (earns $4 RR)
7 Huggies baby wipes $2.79 each - $2 Back to school wags coupon - .50 insert(8-16SS) *One of the wipes is open because my dd decided to pee on the floor during checkout and I cleaned it up, lol the joys of potty training!
1 Wonder bread wheat $1 (not pictured)
Paid with $10 RR and .01 oop and earned
$4 for Softsoap, $2 for Conair brush and $5 RR which was a suprise*
*Apparantly Walgreens has a hidden promotion that if you spend $25 BEFORE coupons, you earn a $5 RR! So my transaction qualified!
If you have the coupons, you could buy 9 Huggies wipes at $2.79 each for a profit
The math:
9 x $2.79 = $25.11
- 9 * 2 = $18.00 Walgreens Back to School coupon
-9 * .50 = $ 4.50 (insert 8-16SS)
= $2.61 oop and earns $5 RR!
Even if you don't have the manufacturer coupons, it only costs you $7.11 and you would get back 5 so only $0.23 a tub! Great deal if you need wipes.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

ZM - did Walgreens allow you to use the $2 Wipes coupn on all 7 containers in 1 transaction? Just wondering.... Wanna be prepared when I head there today....

katycouponers said...

Yep. I handed over ONE $2 coupon and it automatically took off $2 PER container.

Chau said...

LOL..even when you don't know about the deal you still manage to take advantage of it. :)

I saw the deal on commonsensewithmoney and got 16 tubs.

Sheila said...

My store only had 4 tubs... bummer! I still got them and the body wash plus a few other items I needed/wanted. Paid about $4 after RRs so still pretty good.

Life Goes On said...

Sounds like you had a great trip

Anonymous said...

Where do you get the back to school coupon?

katycouponers said...

I found the booklets where they used to keep the easysaver booklets on the ad stand.

Samantha said...

My store only had three tubs and in all my excitement of getting my OOP so low with my expiring RRs from the Unilever deal I forgot to hand over the $2 WAGS IVC!!! Oh well, I spent $2.96 OOP and got back $14 in RRs...can't be unhappy with that after I arrived at their store 30 minutes before closing time!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

All of the Huggies wipes are $3.29 each at every Wags I tried. Still, a great deal after the .50 insert coupon and the back to school coupon. Thanks!

SUSAN said...

the wipes are 3.29 here in n va. i got 8 and used the 2.00 q and 6 .50 qs and 1 1.00 q and a 4.00 rr. cheap wipes for my son and his family.

Post a Comment