Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday Houston Chronicle hidden coupon

Once again I have to thank Greenie for saving the day! Everyone that knows me in real life knows I do not read the newspaper. Sure I get the newspaper for the wonderful coupons, but I don't like to read it because:
1. It makes my fingers dirty
2. I don't really have the time
3. It is full of too much bad news!
The good news for me(and hopefully not too late for my readers) is that I was too tired to recycle my papers yet.
On the backside of the front section(last page of Section A) of yesterdays Houston Chronicle is a $25 gift card coupon to Kroger with a transferred prescription! This comes just in time for my refill of my antibiotics. This coupon is teeny tiny and very easy to miss!
Hope some of you still have your paper left.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please write an instruction abut transfer. I have been to Kroger and they will not honor the coupon unless i is transferred from a competitor and it can't be a $4 generic. Is there anyway I can benefit with the $4 generic program.

Thank for all you do. Bibbi

Greenie said...

anon,

the coupon states it cannot be transferred from another kroger and their rule is also that if it's on their $4 generic list, they cannot use the coupon.

You can always ask the pharmacy if they'll accept it for a new script...some will.

Depending on your copay, the $4 generic is really good if it's on their list. But the downside is you can't use the $$ gift card offers. good for someone who pays a $20 or more copay....

Anonymous said...

Wrong page described?

I found it Section A, on the next to last page, lower middle, very tiny square one. Even if I had read the paper, might not have seen it because it's so small!
Kathryn

katycouponers said...

Anon 2, you are correct, I fixed my post. I did not have my paper present at the time of posting.

Anon 1, I usually use these coupons at CVS as my store will take ANY coupons (new or transferred on new scripts too)

Chau said...

Wish I had seen it yesterday! I just filled a prescription for my daughter.

Post a Comment