Saturday, August 8, 2009

Great CVS run- Tommorrow's Sale


Thankfully, the CVS near my house sets the Sunday sale to start on Saturday. Since I had to head out to drop off some recycling and needed milk, I decided to get a CVS run out of the way today instead of waiting.

Luckily I checked HCW before I left and was able to go to CVS.com and get a $5/25 printable.
Please read this post from HCW on how to get your $5/25 as well.
I also read the weekly sneak peek to see what good deals CVS has to roll my ecbs. Right away I saw the candy was a money maker so I definitely planned on getting that. I also saw I had some decent coupons for Huggies to make them cheap. Here is the transaction I ended up doing:


30 single serve candy bars .50 each - $1/2 insert 7-26RP
2 Huggies diapers $9 each - $3 homemailer - $1.50 insert 7-19SS
1 Gallon milk $2.69
1 CVS lotion $1.49 - free CRT coupon
-$5/25 coupon(I actually handed this one over FIRST)*
Paid with $10 ecb and $1 and .20 from my giftcard and received back

$5 for purchasing $15 worth of candy
$4 for purchasing 2 Huggies
$1 for purchasing milk(I was not expecting this as it was not in the ad at HCW)
I will also receive $1.50 in my Upromise account since I loaded the Huggies ecoupon they currently have up.

So overall cost:

$11.20 - $5 ecb - $4 ecb -$1 ecb -1.50 upromise = -.30
I think I have a good start on Halloween candy for the trick o treaters now!
*On the $5/25 coupon, the register beeped and the cashier informed me the register was saying it was not active until 8-10. She told me she would push it through anyway since the coupon does not have that written anywhere on it, so YMMV as to whether you can use it early or not.
It would be a good idea to get it soon though so you will have it available when needed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey ZM, which CVS do you shop at? Do they really set up sunday sales on saturday?

katycouponers said...

I typically shop the Eldrige Parkway/Beechnut store on the weekends. ECBS print on Saturday except for 3 day sale items

Post a Comment