Sunday, August 2, 2009

CVS 3 day sale

My sister loves to shop, except when it comes to using coupons, rolling deals and doing numerous transactions. For that reason, I am put in charge of her ECB when she wants freebies. She gave me her only ECB she had (.50) and asked me to get her some school supplies as cheaply as possible. Eleven transactions later, I got her all the above items for an additional oop of $4.78 but came home with a $7.99 in place of her .50 one.
How I did it:
First transaction, I purchased one of the book covers for .99 and 1 highlighter for .01. Paid with the .50 ECB and .54 oop(tax .04) and earned a .99
For the next 7 transaction, I picked another .99 item and threw in one of the .01 items(highlighters, permanent markers or pens wyb any stationary item) and paid .01 oop per transaction.
For the next transaction I got the scissors @ $2.99 and .01 item and paid with the prior .99 ecb and so had to pay $2.16 oop (Tax .15) I admit, I will be keeping the scissors since her daughter is in high school and does not need them.
I then did one more scissors transaction and paid .01 for the pen since I used the $2.99 ecb earned from the first scissors.

I could have stopped there, but decided since the store had the Blink Gel Tears in stock I would grab that money maker. They are on sale for $7.99 and earn $7.99 ecb this week and we just got $3 coupons in todays insert. So paying with the coupon and $2.99 scissor ecb, I paid $2 and got back $7.99.
*Note, the Blink is on sale ALL week, not just the 3 days like the school supplies.

So final tally of the day: .50ecb + .54 oop + .07 + 2.16 + .01 + $2 = $5.28
Received back : $7.99 ecb
$2.71 ahead for the day!

This is a great example of how you should roll ecb so you pay the least amount oop! Sure I could have purchased everything in less transactions, but it would have cost me much more and I would not have been able to get as many highlighters, permanent markers or pens(limit 1 per transaction). The stores was also super nice and did not complain about doing multiple transactions. Only one other customer showed up during my ringing up and we just put my stuff to the side and continued once she was rung up and on her way!

For a complete list of the 3 day sale items at CVS(including pictures) please visit Erin's blog. She has done a great job posting the pics and explaining the ECB program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment