Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Walgreens Run to use $5/25

This was my first trip to Walgreens this week and I was a little disappointed that they were out of some of the items I wanted. I had to wing it and get several items we don't even eat just so I could make my scenario work to my advantage. The good news is I can always trade with others for what I need or donate the items we will not eat(poptarts, Fudge cookies anyone?)
Anyway, for those of you that are not aware, Walgreens has a printable coupon out to save $5 on a $25 purchase,good until 8/8. This $25 has to be AFTER all coupons and discounts, so you have to really work the ad to come out ahead on this one. Here is my breakdown:
4 Dove deodorant $3.50 each -2 $1.50/2 insert 6-7 RP
4 Dove body mist $3.50 each -free wyb deodorant insert 6-7 RP
2 Cheez its $2 each(there are .75 printables, but I didn't have them with me)
1 Kelloggs Rice Krispies $4.49 - $1 peelie (this was marked $2.50 on the shelf, so will have to go back tommorrow for refund)
1 Kelloggs Froot Loops $2.50 - $1 peelie
2 Keebler fudge shoppe cookies $2 each - $1/2 insert 8-2
4 Kelloggs pop tarts $2 each - 2 $1/2 insert 8-2
Total: 29.99 - $5
Tax -.08
Total oop: $ 24.91
Earned *$10 RR, $5 RR and $2 RR and can mail in for $10 Kelloggs rebate
Should also get back $1.99 for the Rice Krispies so
$24.91 - $10 RR - $5 RR - $2 RR - $10 rebate - $1.99 refund = -$4.08 profit.

*Earned $10 RR by purchasing 8 participating Unilever products(Dove), page 8 of this weeks ad
Earned $5 RR by purchasing $10 worth of participating Kelloggs/Keebler, page 2 of this weeks ad
Earned $2 RR by purchasing 2 Kelloggs cereal, page 1 of this weeks ad
Earn $10 rebate by purchasing 10 participating Kelloggs/Keebler/Sunshine products in one transaction(see rebate form found in 8-2 inserts)

UPDATE: Walgreens has extended the $5/25 coupon to expire 8-8 now, so two more days to use it!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Does smoke ever come out of your ears from your brain being on overload figuring out these scenarios?? Wow! I have been passing on these $5/$25 things because the verbiage "after coupons" makes me mad! I might have to try this one...since they have extended it!! Thanks ZM for always sharing your scenarios!!

Post a Comment