Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CVS stop today


After picking up my kiddos, I decided to make a stop into CVS to pick up some Reese’s candy. My dh loves Reese’s and now that they make Dark Chocolate, he is SURE to gain 10 lbs!
I really confused the store somehow and got paid to actually purchase these items. I thought I was just going to get out NOT paying anything, but not ONLY did I not pay, but I left with $3 ECB I didn’t think I truly earned.
I had a coupon for a free CVS brand hand/body lotion up to $5 and a free CVS Gold Emblem nuts or cookies up to $5. I decided to get those before I forget and let them expire like my last one. Well, I chose the Honey Roasted Almonds for the nut(my dh won’t eat Almonds, so I knew I wouldn’t have to share, lol- I now wish I got the plain, these are a bit too sweet for me)
I also picked up the Total Moisture lotion at $4.99. When I grabbed it, I did notice they have an ECB deal going for a $3 wyb 2 select CVS skin care items. I had my two kiddos with me, so couldn’t really read the fine details of the deal so just grabbed my one freebie and headed to the candy.
Well, I got 12 Reese’s peanut butter cups at 2 for $1. I used 11 Reese’s coupons from the 8-23 SS and got them all free(last coupon was adjusted down to .50)
Well somehow, while asking the manager if I could use a bogo Reese’s coupon and a .55/1 together, she got very confused with my order. She rang my lotion 3 times and instead of voiding it, kept entering a coupon for the $4.99 price. So, upon looking at my receipt, it appears I purchased 3 lotions with 3 coupons!
So, of course a $3 ECB printed for the promotion mentioned above about purchasing 2 CVS skin care products. At this point, I think the manager just wanted me gone (lol) and my poor daughter was begging for a bathroom pitstop, so we just left it at that and I made $3 for buying what you see pictured!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to go to the rent-a-kid store before my next shopping trip. I'm always reading blogs where mommy got free stuff or got it at a way reduced price cause little Johnnie or Julie was screaming their head off, peeing in the floor, pulling over the canned goods display or running amuck through the aisles.

Post a Comment