Friday, February 5, 2010

Target is really keeping UP to date!!!

I have to admit I was "suprised" (for lack of a better word) today when shopping at Randalls. As I was walking into the store, there were 3 kids that could not have been older than Jr High age(maybe they call it Middle School now??) and I think one actually had an IPhone!!!!

Anyway, this post is not about that (though I am jealous and wish I had that kid's parents, lol).
Target has decided to REALLY join the information age. You can now sign up at their website for weekly text alerts. Target will actually send you coupons via text message that you can take to the registers. I have to say I am really excited about this since I just added an unlimited text message plan!
Here is the exact wording on the website:
Mobile Coupons
Get your monthly offers via text message with a link to a barcode that can be
scanned at checkout. The same barcode can be used for multiple one-time-
only coupon deals throughout the month. Offers always arrive on a Sunday.

I just signed up and you can select the time you want the text to come on Sunday so it won't wake you up, lol.
Just go here and sign up! I am excited to see how well this works!

ETA: I just got my first text from Target saying up to 5 messages/month, and then I got three nineteen FIFTY-TWO(and counting it seems!) followups telling me I already signed up so I am not sure if this is going to be worth it for those without an unlimited text package. Guess we will have to wait and see if the coupons are any good first.

Thanks goes to Rochelle for this information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my 14yr old daughter a refurbished iphone on the att.com website for $50 with a 2yr contract. It's a phone, camera, ipod and email all in one. -Katherine

katycouponers said...

Katherine, thank you for your comment, it was not the oop cost of the phone I was suprised about, it is the monthly maintainance charge for at least the features I want(unlimited minutes, text and web, OUCH!!!!) I guess this "kid" I saw could have the phone with limited mobility!

Post a Comment