Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kroger mega deal - YES I spent MONEY, GASP!

I have had a few readers here and there ask how I can get ALL my transactions so low and I have something to tell you, I don't always have under $1 transactions. Even well planned trips can turn into a higher oop spend then you expected. Yes, the majority of my transactions are very low oop, but I also have a good size stockpile to pull from, so I really do most my shopping for the neccessities(bread, milk etc) and for the free and MOST importantly the MONEY MAKERS. I use the money makers to purchase the milk, the fresh fruit, and the meat that I can't always find coupons for.
Second most asked question:
Do I eat and feed my kids ALL this packaged food?
NO, but occasionally I am a lazy mom and will make Mac and cheese casserole, lol. If you will recall, I shop for 4 households and what we cannot or will not use gets donated.

Now, how much did I spend for everything pictured above?(also had 3 Digiornio purchased, not pictured because I was too lazy to pull them back out of my freezer)
I spent $17.05 and got back a $3 off chicken/beef purchase catalina. WOW! That is ALOT for me, especially for a trip that was supposed to be mostly freebies(and I admit I really wanted cheese!) I will be using this receipt to mail in for the $20 rebate on Nabisco/Kraft products for my sister. She will be getting the Capri Sun and Easy Mac purchased for this rebate :)

Now, I have a question of my readers. I know many bloggers out there have a budget and keep track of their oop spend on their blog. I have never put this on my blog as my bookkeeping can get a bit confusing for some. I have always tracked my spending vs my savings with coupons for groceries and personal items(deodorant, shampoo etc) but just never really made it public.
Now, as a reader, would you want to see my oop cost and savings tally?
Keep in mind, my bookkeeping is wacky. If I get a resounding yes, I will add this to my blog and make a separate blog entry explaining my methods of figuring my true oop cost.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where at in Krogers did you find heat and serve old el paso

katycouponers said...

Anon, the heat and serve was near the refried beans and taco shells at my store.

Fun times with the Larsen's said...

Yes!! I would love to see your oop expenses for groceries!! You are the first blogger I followed when I became a coupon beleiver. Now that I have a fairly large stockpile and get great deals now, I'd like to see how I compare! :)

Ruthanna said...

Yes! It would be interesting to see your oop! I know mine is still a little high and it would be great incentive to do better ;)

Anonymous said...

yes i would like to see your oop

Anonymous said...

YES!!!I would love to see your total and you said you shop for four famiies I would like to see an adverage of what you spend for all and/or each. Thanks

Unknown said...

Nah - OOP doesn't catch my attention as much as freebies =) Unless it wouldn't take much of your time to do it... I just wouldn't want your time calculating OOP taken away from sharing the hidden deals.
IMO - Just my 2 cents.

Mariah Washington said...

Oh yes! I'm very nosey! LOL

Jill Folzman said...

I would love to see your expenses. Thanks for answering those questions. One I have, do you show all your shopping trips? I haven't seen you buy meat in a while or are you stocked up on that too? Thanks for a great blog!

Robin said...

If it's too much work don't do it. I find it can get confusing and not everyone's math is the same. The way you post now is straightforward in my opinion. Either way, your posts are very helpful to me. Thanks!

katycouponers said...

Jill, no I do not show all my shopping trips because that would get quite repetitive. If I am doing a similar transaction with no new deals, I do not post it. Yes, we eat meat, lol. I have a freezer full! I show you transactions here and there will meat, but there are transactions in between with similar deals.

Maria S. said...

I think you already do so much for free with your blog, hotcouponworld.com and probably more, and extra posts about oop tracking would just take more precious time away from your family.

Lori said...

I liked seeing the oop expenses for the current trip... But I know sometimes we buy things that don't fall in the grocery category on the budget, so I imagine you have to skim through and recalculate the total for groceries, then add it to your running total. If you already do that for your information, then I say SURE!

Debra said...

Yes!!
I would love to see how you calculate true oop
thanks for all you do

Post a Comment