Thursday, October 11, 2012

Is JCPenney getting back in the Coupon Game?


Earlier this year JcPenney decided to attempt a new marketing approach and do away with coupons and sales.  Well, in a coupon crazy world, that did not work out too great for their sales as customers came to rely on the coupon savings (or mental thoughts of savings).
As a couponer I was certainly sad to see the coupons go because JCPenney was well known for sending out coveted $10 off $10 coupons in the mail around several major Holidays.  I know most my kiddos undergarments were purchased for pennies with those great coupons.
Well, today in my email (at 7 AM) there was an email from the CEO himself!
While the letter didn't really say coupons were coming back, I am hopeful there will be more of these to come.  (but hey, if it is a one off, at least I have $10 free to spend :D)

So check your inbox (or spam folder) and make sure you don't throw out that email.  The subject line on mine was:

A Letter And Gift From Our CEO


I hope all my readers got one and HEY, if you are not a JcPenney shopper, consider offering the coupon to a friend or neighbor or even going in and picking up some socks or undies cheap and donate to your local shelter :D

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

1 comments:

Mary S. said...

Thank you so much for posting about this. I would have totally deleted this e-mail without reading it if you had not given us a heads up.

Post a Comment