Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cheese tastes so much better when you are paid to buy it! Safeway


I have a dirty little confession to make! Like Joey from "Friends", my two favorite foods are Fried and Cheese!(Fried WITH cheese, even better!)
Anyway, I noticed in the Randalls ad they had Kraft Deli Fresh cheese on sale for $1.99 wyb 5 in one transaction. I was super excited about this because the HCW database showed there were $1 coupons out and I knew Randalls was doing the Kraft cheese catalina(like Kroger). Well, I was even MORE excited when I found these awesome packages of Provolone cheese with 50% off stickers. I have already expressed my LOVE of these little stickers, but for those new(or those who have forgotten) I will explain my excitement.
Randalls sale on this cheese states it will take $5 off instantly when you 5 participating products. That means, the cheese will ring $1 more, then come off at the end. Well, then that means, the cheese rings up $2.99 and the 50% tag takes off $1.50. Then the sale takes another $1 off each one making each package only .49!
Multiply that by 5 and that is just $2.49 and it earns a $5 oynso catalina!!!! And that is WITHOUT using any coupons. Pair that with the printables and you have a perfect trifecta.
*Even if you don't find cheese with the 50% off sticker, you can still get a great deal with the sale and cat deal:
5 @ 1.99 each = $9.95 - $1 IPs = $4.95 (you will need 3 computers to print that many coupons)
Earns $5 oynso so FREE cheese.
(coupon shows Deli Deluxe, but when you print, it says Deli Deluxe or Deli Fresh and pictures both)
While at Randalls, I searched for a few other items my coupon friend told me about (you know who you are) but apparantly my store doesn't carry one item and was sold out of the other one.
First item (my store didn't carry): Kelloggs Cinnabon cereal. These are rumored to be on sale for $1.99 each and when you purchase 10 in a transaction, you get a $10 oynso. Well, we have $1 coupons from 6-27 RP or an IP here. That would make them FREE if you can find them. Also, look for specially marked Try me Free boxes for an added money maker.
Second item(sold out): Chiquita Bites singles are on sale for $1. My coupon friend found some $1 tearpad coupons right in front of them, making them FREE. I will admit, the store I went to has a FULL tearpad but they were sold out of product. Product is on sale through the 10th(if I remember correctly) but sadly, I will not be here to wait for the restock.
If you are heading out for these, don't forget to load your Upromise coupons first for extra savings(these savings do not show up at register, but will be added to your upromise account).

7 comments:

FD said...

I was able to get the Cinnabon cereal on rollback at Walmart for $2, minus the $1 printable. But the Safeway $10 onynso would make it a far better deal. Hoping to do the cheese deal this week if I can wrangle up a few more computers to print from. So happy to see you posting your deals again! :D

Shawn M. said...

I was fortunate enough to find several of the Chiquita bites this weekend and there were full tearpads sitting right in front of them...woohoo! I only got 3 at the time & now I'm wishihg I had gotten more.

Thanks for the deal on the cheese. I'll be doing that one this weekend for sure. It seems like I have a bunch of little rats living @ my house...only the look a lot like my children :D
shawn1davis@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Does Randalls let you used more than one like coupon? Like in the cereal deal: would they let you use 10 $1 coupon?

katycouponers said...

Anon, yes, I have been allowed to use multiple like coupons at Randalls.

Unknown said...

I tried 4 Randall's locations yesterday, but no one carried the Cinnabon Cereal. Anyone know of a location that does?

Deb said...

Thanks for posting about the cheese! We went shopping today and I bought 10 packs. We needed sliced cheese for sandwiches, too, so great timing. :) How long is the catalina sale? We didn't buy all of the clearanced cheese so I might go back again on Monday. ;) I had to get a rain check for the Tide, too, since they were out of the HE Free & Clear.

Samantha said...

Thank you for the heads up on the cheese! I used it for the Deli Deluxe sliced cheese since we ran out 2 days ago! Net price for me after CAT was $2.95 for 5 packs. I'll take it!

Post a Comment