Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Even "extreme" couponers have a bad day

I went to 4 stores today and all I have to show for it is this one bottle of Windex. Sometimes the stores just do not have the items I go in for and today was one of those days for most stores I visited. Luckily, the stores are on my commute to and from work.
Alright, about the Windex:
Windex is on sale for $2.50 at Walgreens and I had a .55 tearpad coupon. In addition there is a Easy Saver rebate for $1 and in the 1-11 SS there is a try me free rebate. So, if the rebate pays correctly, the math goes as follows
Paid $2.11 after tax and earn $1.10 from Walgreens and $2.50 from manufacturer rebate.
Spend .42 on stamp so $2.11 + .42 - $1.10 - $2.50 = Profit of $1.07

2 comments:

Mom 'n' More said...

Phew! I thought it was just me! LOL

Amy said...

There is also a printable $1.50 off windex coupon on their website. I think I may even have a direct link on my blog.

Post a Comment