Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yesterday's shopping Haul at Walgreens





I needed to go out to use a couple more of my expiring coupons yesterday so I went to a different Walgreens yesterday and scored the following:
3 Karo syrup clearanced for .74 - .40 coupon
16 Sunsilk products clearanced for $2.29 - 2/2 coupons(earns $10 RR wyb 8)
9 Garnier clearanced for $2.19 - 1 coupons - 2 esc coupon(gives overage of .81 each)
6 Garnier clearanced for $1.79 - 2 esc(adjusted down to cost of item)
8 Celestial Seasonings teas clearanced for $.75 - $1 coupon(used 6)
1 Listerine 500 ml $4.99 - free coupon(from rebate I did)
10 Royal gelatin 5/$1 with in ad coupon - $1/5 blinkie(got this coupon in trade)
1 Christmas oven mitt .33(would have gotten more if I knew they were THAT cheap)
2 Christmas lip balms .25 each
2 Christmas coloring books .75 each
Spent $16.70 oop(1 $10 catalina, and 1 $5 catalina and $1.70 on gift cards)My total was $1 more than it should have been because somehow my cashier added a $1 charge when she was scanning the coupons???
Got back 2 $10 catalinas for Sunsilk so $3.30 profit for the day! It would have been better with more Garnier coupons for the 6 that were $1.79(would have been $6 less oop)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your coupon organizer on Great Day Houston. Where can I buy one?

katycouponers said...

If you are referring to my 3 ring binders, I got those at Target during a clearance sale on back to school supplies. I like the 3 ring binders with baseball card inserts because I can zip them and they have shoulder straps. If you are referring to the couponizer, you can find that www.couponizer.com, but if you are a serious couponer, you will soon outgrow this method and I don't really endorse it. There are better ways to spend your money in my opinion.

Carrie Egg said...

Wow, I am sooooo impressed!!!! I love your blog and attended your Katy coupon class at Memorial Lutheran several months ago. I am getting much better at my couponing! Thanks for all the helpful advice and suggestions!

BTW, which Wags do you shop at? I usually go to the one on Provincial and Mason, but they always seem to be so picky about my coupons. I seem to have better luck when I drive a more to a different Wags.

katycouponers said...

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you are having success couponing. I shop all over the city so multiple Walgreens usually get hit up, lol. When I am out in Katy, I prefer the one on Fry and Highland Knolls.

Nicole W. said...

I love your blog and am taking baby steps into Walgreens to score similar deals. I am a little confused on some of your abbreviations. What does oop, catalina, esc mean? Thanks!

katycouponers said...

oop means "out of pocket" -refers to how much I actually have to pay AFTER coupons
catalinas are coupons that print out at the register that cashiers should hand you with your receipt
esc is the "easysaver coupon" - these are coupons found in the monthly rebate book found at the front of Walgreens stores(with the ads)
I plan on adding an abbreviation table but have not done so yet, sorry

Anonymous said...

I have tried the Garnier shampoo in the past and hated it. I won't get it even if it is free. I got tons of the VO5 last month at CVS and would rather use it.

katycouponers said...

Actually Walgreens paid me .81 each to take the Garnier so I said what the heck. I use some of the conditioner on my daughter and most the rest goes in the collection pile for donations/swaps/family.

Anonymous said...

I have so much extra stuff cluttering up my space.....my new rule is I only get stuff we will use. Since I am not really that picky I use almost everything.....but not the Garnier. It was strange I swear it left my hair kinda greasy and flat. Reminded me of the old episode of Seinfeld where they got the low flow shower heads and Kramer's hair was nasty and stringy.....

Post a Comment