Monday, January 12, 2009

Free Scotch tape at CVS



I went to CVS today in search of hidden Christmas clearance and struck out at lunch time. I rang up the Scotch tape there, but they were all ringing full price of $1.99 each. Well, I decided to hit the CVS near my house on my way home and I am glad I did. I hit the motherload at my store! On a special cardboard display of Scotch products near the stationary aisle I found these Scotch Pop-up Tape Dispensers and Scotch Pop-up tape refills. These are part of the Christmas Clearance and are ringing up .19 each. What is even better is we have $1/2 Scotch Pop-up tape(12-7 RP insert) coupons so you can get at least 5 PER coupon. I had 8 coupons so I got 42 and they had to adjust the last coupon down to .98. That means 0 out of pocket and I am set on gift wrapping for the next several years! Some stores may also have these mixed in with regular inventory so check those UPC numbers.
For the Dispenser you are looking for upc 0 51131 99540 6
For the refills you are looking for upc 0 51131 99539 0
Good luck and happy hunting.

5 comments:

twomoms said...

ZM I had no idea you had a blog!! I am still around, I was thinking about going into chat the other day but no one was there! well I will stop by often!

lifeunfolds.com said...

Thanks for the great tip! First CVS had none, either in Xmas or Packing. The second CVS still has its Xmas stuff at 75%, but I found the tapes and dispensers in the packaging area mixed in with the other tapes. Thanks so much for including the UPC because I was able to find them. They were only 75% off, which made them $.49, but that is still a great deal...free! I had six coupons and got 2 dispensers and 10 tapes free. I actually bought one extra dispenser to make up the odd cents so it would not go negative. Hooray!

katycouponers said...

Life, I am so glad you were able to find some. Just a tip about CVS, their registers are programmed to adjust coupons down, so it is not necessary to add extra items for overages. Hope this helps on future purchases.

Two, yeah, you found me! Tag your it. I hope to see you in chat again.

lifeunfolds.com said...

My CVS (actually the five I usually use) do not round down the coupons. If something costs .49 and I have .50 coupon, it goes in at .50. They don't automatically adjust down and only one of them has been able to do it manually by calling a manager. I always have to buy something to make up the difference. Wonder if this is regional or specific to stores?

Anonymous said...

I went to two different stores today and looked in both the Christmas section and the packaging section but didn't have any luck. Bummer! Oh well.. get some, lose some. Thanks for the tip anyway!

Post a Comment