Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday's Shopping Run

First stop, Walmart. Walmart has these 1.8 lb bags of Iams Healthy Naturals cat food for an everyday price of $3.33. Using the $3 Iams Naturals coupon we got in a previous P&G insert gets them for just .33 a bag or ~0.18 cents a pound.





Second stop, Kroger. Todays newspaper has $1 off any Quaker rice snacks coupons. Combine that with the current sale price of $1 and that makes them FREE. Yakisoba is still on sale, so free with .35 coupon from prior week. Act II popcorn still on sale for $1 so .20 each with .40 coupon doubled. Nesquik on sale for $1 so free with .50 tearpads I found at CVS a few months ago. This store was also clearancing out the holiday varieties of Coffee Mate for $1. Since I had .50/1 coupons, that made them free but since I am NOT a coffee drinker, these will be going to my friend's stockpile. They had Gingerbread, Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint Mocha, Eggnog and Caramel Apple. Finally, this store also had T. Marzetti Caramel dip reduced to .99. Using the .55 coupon from a previous insert, I got it for just .44. Now I can section off the caramel into little Tupperware containers for my kiddos and pair with apple slices and make my own version of McDonald's apple dippers for a fraction of the cost. I paid a total of .99 for all that is pictured(the T. Marzetti coupon beeped and so when they overrode, it took off tax as well)




At CVS this week they have this CVS 24 hour 5 count of Non Drowsy Allergy Relief. This is the CVS version of Claritin and they are on sale for $3.79 and generate a $3.79 ecb. I used prior ECBS to pay so ZERO oop on that find and got my limit of 2.
At Target, they are clearancing out the Gillette shampoo for dandruff control for $2.14. Since we got $2 off coupons in today's paper, I took the last two bottles the store had. I was hoping the toys had been marked down further, but they had not so at least I didn't leave the store empty-handed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up on the coupon for the $3.00 off the Iams cat food.
I purchased 7 bags also at Walmart but I couldn't purchase all on one transaction. They made me ring them up separately at different registers too, because the coupon said one coupon per purchase. Said they had a big meeting on this
They are getting annoyed I guess on how we get things for cheap or nearly FREE. Anyway I got my cheap cat food andI'm happy thanks to you.

Scurly

katycouponers said...

Management at that store is just misinformed. One per purchase means you can only use 1 coupon PER bag, not per transaction. I also had to explain this to management at one of my stores. I also worked at Walmart during my college days and I can assure you there is nothing in their policy concerning this issue.

Frances said...

Great deal on cat food! I need to go to Walmart.

Anonymous said...

My WalMart doesn't carry this size bag of Iams, boo. I had 4 coupons to use.

Post a Comment