Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Walgreens and CVS shopping FUN!



I love Walgreens and CVS and here are the pictures to prove it. First stop CVS! I had a $11.98 extra buck burning a hole in my pocket so I went to CVS. I got the following for exactly zero actual money oop (out of pocket)!
Here is how I did it:
Soy joy 6 pack $6
2 Speed stick 24/7 $6 - 3(bogo coupon from 1-4 inserts)
Garnier styler $2.99 - 1 (from 1-4 inserts)
26 Febreeze candles* clearanced for $1.99 each - $2(P&G from 12-14, they adjust down so NO overage)
1 Cheetos grab bag .99
Total at register after coupons $11.98 - 11.98 ECB(extra care bucks) = $0
I earned back $6 for Soy Joy, $3 for Speed Stick, and $2 for Garnier so I am less $1 in CVS money BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-14 P&G insert has a special promotion:
Purchase $50 worth of ANY Procter and Gamble products between 12-14-08 and 1-31-09 and receive $120 worth in P&G coupon savings!
So the Febreeze candles I got for FREE qualify me for even MORE coupons!
You can find the form here: P&G coupon offer
*Thank you goes to Courtneyrtr at HCW for alerting me to this deal. The holiday candles are on sale but mixed in on the regular candle aisle. The fragrances are Vanilla, Apple/Cinnamon and the green is called *Snow.


Second stop Walgreens #1

3 Garnier clearanced at $2.19 - 2 easysaver coupon - 1 mc = .81 overage each

5 Garnier $2.99 - 2 esc - 1 mc = .01 overage each

6 Reeses Whips 2 @ 1.59 - 7 day coupon(for $2/1) - $1/2 = free

2 Reynolds Wrap $1.69 - .70 7 day coupon(for .99) - $1 mc = .01 overage each

2 Walgreens activity books .99 each

1 Pecan praline $1.49 ( I miscalculated my overage and went negative so had to grab the praline cause walgreens will not let you walk out with a negative balance)

Total oop(paid on gift card) $1.09

HOWEVER, the two Walgreens activity books I bought EACH have coupons in them with a value OVER $20! These coupons do not expire until March 31, 2009 so I have almost 3 months to find a deal at Walgreens on each product.






Third Stop Walgreens #2:


3 Garnier clearanced at $2.19 - 2 easysaver coupon - 1 mc = .81 overage each
7 Garnier $2.99 - 2 esc - 1 mc = .01 overage each
6 Reeses Whips 2 @ 1.59 - 7 day coupon(for $2/1) - $1/2 = free
2 Reynolds Wrap $1.69 - .70 7 day coupon(for .99) - $1 mc = .01 overage each
2 Conair Christmas hair accessories .49 each
4 Flintstone vitamins $5 each - $1 mc = $4 each(Earns $10 Register rewards for $20 purchase of participating products)


- 11 in Register Rewards from prior promos
Total oop(paid on gift card) $3.21
In the 1-4-09 Inserts there is a rebate offer for Bayer products 1/2 price rebate. They take the price you spent on bayer products(Flintstone) and subtract the coupons you used for the Bayer products and send you HALF your cost


So $20 in Flintstone vitamins - $4 in coupons for Flintstone = $16/2 = $8 REBATE


Hence I spent $3.21 on gift card and $11 in RR but got back $10 in RR and $8 rebate so PROFIT of $3.79 for the total purchase!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a horrible experience at the Walgreens on Fry and Park Row tonight. I walked out empty handed after being accused of coupon fraud. Are there some that are more coupon friendly?

Chau said...

26 Febreze candles, that's awesome ZM!!!

katycouponers said...

tlongmire that is by far the worst Walgreens in Katy. They are very unfriendly even without coupons. I like the Walgreens on Fry and Highland Knolls and I know there is one on Fry near Clay road that is very friendly. Good luck

Courtney said...

You are very welcome ZM. I only wish I had more glade coupons :) I think I got 20 or so candles.

Lisa said...

I keep seeing these deals on the Garnier hair products. Where did the MF coupons come from and how did you get so many?

It is amazing!

katycouponers said...

1-4 Red Plum insert, 11-9 Red Plum insert, 10-5 Red Plum insert and tearpads on the cardboard displays at CVS and Walgreens. I trade for multiples as well as having friends, family, coworkers etc save their coupons for me.

Mom 'n' More said...

Thank you so much for your posts. because of this wonderful resource, I was able to get the febreze candles and wrap! TYVM for all your hard work.

To Tlongmire: The Walgreens at Fry RD and FM529 is nice, especially when the young man is on checkout. However, I find the CVS directly opposite to be a little resistant to my couponing, and I only do one or two trips a month. I just smile at them like a loon in the hope happiness is truely infectious!! lol :P

Anonymous said...

How many garnier items did Walgreens allow you to purchase in one transaction? I usually get the cashier that sees the limit 1 on the rebate coupon and makes me stick to it.

katycouponers said...

I have only had 2 stores tell me a limit. One had the limit marked on the shelf, the other waited until I did all my shopping and put everything on the counter before telling me, so I walked out of the second store with NOTHING! I have too many stores to choose from to bother with those. Good luck.

Misty said...

I'm so happy to have found you posting all of these for KATY!! I'm new and went tonight to CVS at Grand Parkway/Kingsland to try my hand at it, and they were out of the children's throat soothers and 6 packs of soy joys. They said they may get shipments in tomorrow, do you know of any CVS's that had them in stock? I also went to I-10 and westgreen and they didn't have any!

Post a Comment