Monday, March 2, 2009

Walgreens, short trip


Been busy all weekend with little ones birthday party and houseguest so didn't have a chance to get too many coupons together for this week. Today I stopped at a Walgreens on my way home and picked up the following items:
Vaseline Intensive rescue lotion $2.69 - $1.50 manuf coupon = $1.19 (earns $2 RR)
Sambucol cold and flu relief $12.99 - $10 esc - $4 printable = $1.01 money maker
Rolaids tropical fruit 100count $3.29 each - $2 esc each - $4/2 manuf = $1.42 money maker
Carmex moisture $2.99 (earns $2 RR)
Also paid with $1 RR from last weeks excedrin and paid .63 from gift card
So, $1.63 "cost" and got back $4 in RR. A total profit today of $2.37

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have to do all the different register rewards in seperate transactions, or will each of the rewards print out at the end? For example, did you do one transaction, and the lotion and the carmex printed out at the end?
TIA

katycouponers said...

This was all done in one transaction. You can do one of each register reward per transaction. (If I bought two lotions in the same transaction, I would have still only got the Register Reward for one.) HTH

Angie said...

I tried to use a $6 register reward the other day at Walgreens and the cashier would not let me.
The total for my purchase was 5.95 after 2 coupons. I offered to buy another item to bring the total up to over 6 bucks and she said it wouldnt matter. She said you cant use coupons with the RR. I didnt feel like arguing.... Thought i'd ask an expert like you.

Angie said...

FYI - The Kroger on Fry Road by Walmart is now enforcing the 3 like coupons rule. Say, I have 5 .30 cent coupons for the same item, only 3 of those will triple, the other 2 will only be at face value. Very frustrating... A couple of weeks ago I went to the same Kroger and used many like coupons on the same item and it worked fine. :(

katycouponers said...

Angie, cashier was misinformed. As long as you have the same number of items (or more) than you have coupons, you are entitled to use your RR. You cannot buy 2 items and use 2 coupons and a register reward, but if you throw in a 3rd item (without a coupon), then you can use the RR.

Mom 'n' More said...

TAngie, yes your right THAT particular Krpgers Fry rd and W Little York has changed. It cost me a "little" fortune when I went there to do the mega deal event. I did suggest to customer service manager, they place a sign to help inform other couponers.

Anonymous said...

FYI the Sambucol have a $3/1 coupon inside them, so if you are having a problem with the IP, you may want to try this one.

Post a Comment