Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some Walgreens Clearance and a few more deals

Went back to Walgreens and found some Clairol Perfect 10 hairdye on clearance for $3.59 and some Natural Instinct for $2.39.
I used the $5 Clairol Perfect 10 coupons we just got last weekend(they adjusted them down at this store) and the $2 off any Clairol for the Natural Instinct.
I went ahead and picked up another Vaseline @ $2.69 and used the $1.50 insert coupon. I threw in the facial tissues so I could use a $2 catalina I had from the Carmex and I paid .70 from my Walgreens gift card and got back a $2 RR, so total cost of this transaction was .70.

Second transaction: I picked up another Sambucol @ 12.99 and 8 Dove bars @ .99 each with in ad coupon. Used the $10 ESC coupon on Sambucol and the $4 printable. Paid with a $3.50 RR(from the Colgate) and $3.77 from my gift card and earned back $10 for buying 8 Dove products.
So after the $3.50 + 3.77 I "paid" this transaction was a profit of $2.73.
WARNING: This soap is VERY fragrant and I don't recommend leaving it in an enclosed space for very long. I bought it at lunch and when I got off work and went out to get in my car, the smell was almost unbearable! I think this soap will go in the donation pile, lol.

6 comments:

SUSAN said...

how did you know about the buy 8 dove get 10 rr on dove. i don't see it in the ad.

katycouponers said...

I read several coupon boards and blogs and would give credit if I could remember where I read about this one first, but I don't, I'm sorry. I do know it is now posted on hcw, but I am not sure if that is where I read it first.

Lisa said...

I did the Dove soap deal today. They gave me the .99 price on all 8 despite the limit 3 on the coupon.

Anonymous said...

I agree on the strong smelling soap. I put these in a bag to give away -even that didn't contain the smell, so I then put the bag inside a ziploc. Whew!!
I read on another blog that buying 8 of the trial size Dove deoderants $0.99 regular price at some stores also gives you the $10 RR (plus there are recent $1.50/2 coupon that doesn't exclude trial sizes). This would also be a MM (a much less smelly one - lol!)

Mom 'n' More said...

any ideas when this promo ends?

katycouponers said...

From what I have read on HCW, the Dove promotion goes through the whole month of March.

Post a Comment