Sunday, March 22, 2009

Free Kitten food and cheap puppy food at HEB

I read on HCW that there was cheap or free pet food at HEB so I went and sure enough, with the $5 coupons for Iams Smart Puppy or Kitten food(from prior P&G insert), you can score a GREAT deal. The kitten food is $4.99 so free and the Puppy food(not pictured as my sis came and picked it up before I snapped the pic) was $5.37.
When I told my mom about the deal she told me the puppy food is $5 at Walmart so if you need kitten food, go to HEB, if you need puppy food, go to Walmart(I cannot verify the Walmart price locally so YMMV)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not famillar with HEB. How many like coupons did they let you use in a transaction? Did they give you overage?

katycouponers said...

Anon, I have never been limited with coupons at my HEB, but YMMV.
Each coupon scanned for the $5 off so yes, I received the penny overage on the kitten food. That is why I threw in one puppy food.
I only used 4 coupons that day to test if they would beep first.

Courtney said...

Thank you once again ZM. The Rescue Kitty's will have lots of good food to eat! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up, hope my kitties will eat this food! I can't imagine why not since they've been doing nothing but eating june bugs for a week..EW!

amy and the bad cats said...

thank you thank you thank you for this post! i had ordered 20 of the iams coupons, and have been fruitlessly searching for a place to use them. i'd already been to several walmarts, which didn't have the kitten food below $5, and petsmart, where i couldn't find the small bags. stopped at HEB on my way to work this morning and got 10 bags of kitten food for free - no problems! i threw in some yogurt to cover the overage.

Post a Comment