Thursday, March 11, 2010

Randalls run March 10th

WOW!!!! Randalls has some great deals going this week.

First, the frozen food deal is still going strong(this is a month long offer). I decided I really like the Smart Ones and they make an easy lunch for me to warm up and eat at work. For those that are not aware, Randalls is giving a $10 on your next shopping order catalina for purchasing $25 in participating products(specially tagged in the store).

Next, Randalls has 2 Save $5 when you buy 5 items promotions going on right now. One involves salad, salad dressing, mushrooms etc. (these are in the ad and stores have a sheet listing participating products). The Marie's refrigerated dressings are included in this and are just $.99 when you buy 5. Well, some lucky ducks(not Houston) got $1 insert coupons in their 1-31SS. For those in Houston, good news! There is a printable for $1 off making them free(wyb 5 part. products).
Fresh Express salads are also part of this promotion and I hear rumors of $1 blinkies out but I have not had luck finding any yet.

Third, the promo I mentioned last night with the cereal. There are many items on the cereal aisle that are part of this $5 off 5 promo (again, specially marked in the store). I was SUPER excited about this promotion because Quaker Oat Squares cereal is part of the promo. This is my dh's second favorite cereal(Cheerios being #1). Well, when you buy 5 mix and match items, it makes the Quaker Oat Squares only $1!!!!! Even better, we have INSERTS for $1 so FREE!!!!!!!!!! (2-14 RP)
Also included in this promotion: Honey Nut Cheerios $1.50, Chocolate Cheerios $2, Nut Clusters $1.50, Reese's Puffs $1.50, Apple Jacks $1.50, Froot Loops $1.50, Corn Pops $1.50, Betty Crocker fruit snacks $1, Kellogg's fruit snacks $1 and many other items(prices listed are assuming the $5 savings when you buy 5)

Keep in mind, for the second promotion, the limit is 20 (4 $5 discounts) items per transaction. It is a TRUE mix and match and should work for different price points(it did for me)

Now, to break down my transactions. For ease of math, I am going to give the price AFTER the $5 promotion came off. This should give you some ideas of some deals you can score.

Trans #1(on my mom's card):
3 $5 off deals

1 Apple Jacks $1.50 -.70 blinkie = .80
2 Corn Pops $1.50 each - .70 blinkie = 1.60
2 Froot Loops $1.50 each - .70 blinkie = 1.60
7 Quaker Oat Squares $1 each - $1 insert 2-14 RP = FREE
2 Kellogg's fruit snacks $1 each - $1 IP = FREE (Vocalpoint members, check for hm for $1.50)
1 Nut Clusters $1.50 - $1 cellfire - $1 IP = -.50
Cost oop: $3.50
Earned $4 oynso for purchasing the Apple Jacks, Corn Pops and Froot Loops(cat deal ended yesterday :(

Trans #2:
3 $5 off cereal aisle deals
1 $5 off dressing/salad deal

3 Betty Crocker fruit roll ups $1 each - 2 .50/2 cellfire - .50/2 shortcuts - .50/2 IP = .50
1 Reeses Puffs $1.50 - .55 cellfire
1 Honey Nut Cheerios $1.50 - 2 .55 cellfire - $1/2 insert = .35
1 Nut Clusters $1.50 - $1 cellfire -$1 IP = -.50
3 Quaker Oat Squares $1 - $1 insert 2-14 RP = FREE
1 Apple Jacks $1.50 -.70 blinkie = .80
2 Corn Pops $1.50 each - .70 blinkie = 1.60
2 Froot Loops $1.50 each - .70 blinkie = 1.60
1 Kellogg's fruit snacks $1 each - $1 IP = FREE

1 Spinach .99
4 Marie's dressing .99 each - $1 IP = -.05

2 Lasagna smart ones 2.29 each = 4.58
8 Smart Ones fettucine alfredo $1.99 each= 15.92
2 Smart Ones flatbread $2.50 each = 5
1 Smart Ones breakfast $2.50 = 2.50
-3 $2/3 Randalls store coupons(found at pharmacy)
-$5/10
-2 b3g1 flatbread free
-1 b5g1 breakfast free

5 Corazonas chips $1 each - $1 tearpad(found on display) = FREE
1 Yoplait Delights $2.50 - 2 $1 cellfire - $1 IP = -.50
4 Precious cheese sticks $1.99 wyb 2 - $2 peelies = -.04
1 Diet dp $1.49 (so I could use my prior $10 to pay)
-$5/50 Entertainment book coupon
-$10 from prior frozen food deal
Tax: .01
Cost oop: .76

Earned $10 for frozen food deal, $4 for Kellogg's cereal and $1.50 for BC fruit snacks

After this transaction, I thought I was done, but dh called and reminded me I forgot to get bread, fruit and milk, lol. So in I went one more time

Trans #3:
5 Kelloggs cereals $1.50 - .70 blinkies = $4 (couldn't resist getting more free cereal)
2 Gallons milk $2.38 each = 4.76
2 loafs bread 1.19 each = 2.38
2.06 lbs bananas $1.01
-$10 catalina from P&G deal
Cost oop: $2.15 and earned $4 for cereal

So final tally for the day:
Cost: $3.50 + 10.76 + 12.15 = 26.41
Received: $4 + 15.50 + 4 = 23.50
$2.91 overall cost for the day

*Don't forget to ask for a raincheck if your store is out of anything you are wanting to purchase!
Unless the ad states, limited to quantity on hand, you can get rainchecks.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you find tearpad for chips at ?

katycouponers said...

as stated, it was found on the display of chips.

Deb said...

Wow, that is great!

Thank you so much for your eCoupon explanation. I just started using them and that is the best explanation I have seen for them. I have one more question though: If I have (in theory) 2 coupons from cellfire, 2 coupons from Shortcuts, 2 coupons via coupons.com & Randall's, & 2 coupons from P&GeSavers all for the same item... (I don't, but it's easier to ask about them all at once.) ... if I buy only 1 item at Randall's, will ALL of those coupons be triggered? At Kroger, will 1 item trigger both a Shortcuts coupon and a Cellfire coupon, or can the Kroger system count properly across all eCoupons?

Thank you!
Deb

Anonymous said...

WOW!; YOU ALWAYS GET GREAT DEALS AT RANDALL'S. I WISH WE STILL HAD OURS CLOSE BY. I MIGHT HAVE TO START MAKING TRIPS TO THE NEAREST ONE AND GET A NEW CARD. THANKS FOR THE GREAT POSTS!

katycouponers said...

Deb, in theory, yes, they will all come off at Randalls(but those ecoupons can be finicky too)
At Kroger only one will come off per qualifying item. I have a google doc created based on my experiences with loadables. Here is the link: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWkBBg0UqWwhZGM0eDZzdmpfMmNqcW0zc2Ri&hl=en
I might have some outdated info I need to update, but it gives a pretty decent explanation on loadables.

Anonymous said...

yeah but at randalls or another store

Deb said...

Stephanie,
Yes, I saw that doc and it's great. :) Thank you for your help, and for sharing your deals with us. I'm really excited about the buy 5 save $5, especially since we can get free cereal & NV nut clusters. I'm a little bummed because I only have one coupon for the Oatmeal Squares (one of my favorites, too), and I used 8 printables on the nut clusters last week because I didn't knew there would be a better sale on them this week.:p Oh well. I'd have been even more upset if I had wasted all of my eCoupons on just one bag this week. hehe :)
Thanks again,
Deb

katycouponers said...

Anon, they were attached to the box of chips I purchased from at Randalls.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
Can you explain the Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks Catalina? How many do you need to buy to earn the ONYO? Thanks!

qrazyguy said...

Wow what an awesome trip and I love how you turned the smart ones meals into such a great money maker! I will have to try that myself although my freezer is already stuffed pretty full, I may have to store some stuff at my neighbors house, lol. My question though is you show that you only used 3 $2/3 safeway Q's for the dinners even though you bought 13. Was this an oversight or did you just run out of Q's. You should have been able to use another one for an extra $2 off, right?

Life Goes On said...

I went to Randall's today ( mar 11th.) price of cereal was $2.00 if you bought 5 ) so not as good as your price last night and I found no blinkie's in my cereal aisle. Still bought and had 2 coupons from paper ( saving $1.00 off 2 boxes ) so ended up with cereal at $1.60 a box and 4 were mini shredded wheat that dh loves.

katycouponers said...

qrazy, that was a typo on my part again. The store coupons are $2 off 4. I will revise my post

Anon, on the fruit snacks, my store said b3g $1.50, so that is the deal I did. When the cat printed, I found the details as follows:
b3 g$1.50
b4 g$2.50
B5+ g$3.50

Anonymous said...

ZM, do you know if the barilla pasta that is on sale for $.88 if the picolinni is included so we can use the $.55/1 coupon? Thanks

katycouponers said...

Anon, I forgot to check the pasta but I Have read that the Piccolini is part of the sale, but not the plus :(

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for detailing your store runs.. I had already been to Randall's before this post, but I'm able to learn more from your details and save more money the next time I go!!

Post a Comment