Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kroger - Unadvertised HOT deal on Straws!!!! and Pork Coupon

I met up with a coupon friend at Kroger today at lunch (to swap coupons) so I would have an excuse for walking the aisle checking for coupon tearpads and the like.
Well, while doing my rounds I was looking at the mega tag items to see if there was anything NOT advertised that might convince me to actually spend money at Kroger.  While I didn't see much, I will admit this made me stop and yes! I gave Kroger 1.07 of my money!  HOW?

Well, the straws are $1 and bogo.  When you "purchase" 10 of them, you get $4 off instantly for the mega sale and half of them are free from the bogo.  So the scenario looked like this

10 straws @ $1.00 = $10
-$5 from bogo sale
-$4 from mega sale
=$1.00 + tax for 1,000 straws!!!   I am set for awhile now.

If you don't need that many straws but are running the mega deal, the straws should make a nice cheap filler to get to your 10 items :D

And here are a couple coupons I spotted while there:

$1 off Moist and Tender Pork (is that a Kroger brand or can I find this at HEB/Randalls?)

$1 off Red Baron Baron's Best Pizza

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook as I post these coupons AS I find them in the stores :D


Thanks Mercy for meeting up with me and swapping coupons!

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment