Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kroger and Shell gasoline team up with Fuel Discount Program


If you are a Kroger shopper that does not live near a Kroger with a fuel center, you are in luck! Kroger is partnering with Shell gas stations and the partnership is rolling out all over the US. With this partnership, you will be able to scan or enter your Kroger card number(or alternate ID number) into the pump at Shell and use your earned .10 fuel discounts.

For those unaware of the Kroger fuel program:
Kroger offers a .10 per gallon discount(up to 35 gallons) on a single fuel up. You can earn this discount in 1 of 3 ways
1. Every $100 worth of groceries purchased earns you 1 .10 discount (the $100 is PRE manufacturer coupons!)
2. For each 2 prescriptions filled (Govt paid prescriptions do not count)
3. For gift card purchases, you earn twice the value (Kroger gift cards do not count, but ex: a $25 Chilis gift card would earn you $50 toward the $100)

You can use 1 fuel discount per fill up everytime you reach the 100 points. Points earned can be used in the month earned as well as the following month. (ex: points you earn in April can be used until the end of May but expire after May)

I have seen a few online articles from August stating the roll out had hit the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I just received an email from a reader stating she was able to take advantage of this new program in HOUSTON!!!!

So, for you readers that do not have a Kroger with a gas station, here is your chance to finally reap the rewards of the fuel discount.  I would love to hear from other readers if you have success using this.  Also, does it allow for the .03 discount by just using your Kroger card? (If I find out before anyone answers, I will update this post!)

Thanks Debbie for the email (I welcome readers finds and might even start a weekly posting highlighting these- if I get these emails on a regular basis. :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

Ya I just did this! last friday but I dont know about the .03c It was awesome! I was so excited!

Anonymous said...

I know this is not the right subject, but I wanted to share the news... I just read on A Full Cup that the double/triple limit is now unlimited in Texas. I'm trying to confirm; I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

It worked for me today at a Shell in The Woodlands @ 242 and Gosling!

Post a Comment